Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It’s an ongoing saga but long story short, they delivered my car to the wrong dealership so my dealer sent someone to get it. On the way here, a piece of steel flew off a work truck and smacked the front end, cracking the front grill and bumper. I looked at it and there’s zero structural damage and the dealer is stroking a check to fix it. It won’t hit carfax and they said it should only be 2 weeks but I’m doubtful
that legit sucks. I guess the "good" news is that it happened to the dealer's driver on its way to you and not to you after you took delivery.

did the driver at least get the info for the work truck or did the work truck get away with being a road hazard?
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
that legit sucks. I guess the "good" news is that it happened to the dealer's driver on its way to you and not to you after you took delivery.

did the driver at least get the info for the work truck or did the work truck get away with being a road hazard?
No, the driver didn't have any info and the truck driver had no idea anything happened. You're right though. If it happened after I took delivery, I'd be on the hook for repairs and making an insurance claim, all that stuff. Thankfully its just cosmetic and can be "easily" fixed.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
this thread started with "don't be scared" and now I'm scared I'm going to have heart trouble from reading this thread and scared I'm going to have random steel come flying at my car.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
So my dealer got a GTPE in from someone who ordered and didn’t take. I was able to test drive it and it was a blast! That afternoon a customer backed into it and messed up the front bumper. the dealer was so mad, the customer didn’t even fess up to hitting it. new owner is doing the same as you. Although they are Two hours away.
A few weeks ago, a local dealer near me got a Grabber Blue GT in. It was ordered and the person backed out. I took it for a spin and luved it. When I got back to the dealers I tried to buy it. The sales guy said 5k on top. I bitched. As it ended up. One of the 2 owners of the dealership took it as his car to use. The sales guy said he will sell it after 5k miles. NOT TO ME...LOL... Anyway, I ordered my premium at another dealership I get my Lincolns from. I like them better. No games or hanky panky. Those GTs are sweet. But I wanted the light grey interior to. I only have about 4, 5 or 6 more months to wait.lol. ???

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
this thread started with "don't be scared" and now I'm scared I'm going to have heart trouble from reading this thread and scared I'm going to have random steel come flying at my car.
Or randomly get into a rear end collision. That seems to be even more common around these parts!

But in keeping with the theme of the thread, with the exception now of finding three endpoint addresses that the onboard navigation completely screws up getting you to (one of them being the main EA charger along a major Virginia interstate, which bothers me), I've had no trouble with the MME that wasn't of my own doing. (Knocks loudly on wood.) I really do love driving this car. The smoothness of the electric motors is just head and shoulders above an ICE engine, and the no-transmission transmission is just the best.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
It’s an ongoing saga but long story short, they delivered my car to the wrong dealership so my dealer sent someone to get it. On the way here, a piece of steel flew off a work truck and smacked the front end, cracking the front grill and bumper. I looked at it and there’s zero structural damage and the dealer is stroking a check to fix it. It won’t hit carfax and they said it should only be 2 weeks but I’m doubtful
OMFG -- seriously? will you ever get to leave the grumpy thread? on a positive note, once you finally take delivery, it's really a great car. A friend brought over his Model S Plaid yesterday and we both agreed how much better the interior, build quality, and honestly breaking / handling was of the GTPE over the Plaid.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I spent the last 6 months after my test drive and subsequent order surfing these here forums. I have agonized over the problems I am gonna probably have with this car after reading post after post after post. Yesterday my GT was delivered and all I have experienced is pure adrenaline JOY. 15 min drive home from the dealer was flawless. Charging from my ChargePoint Home Flex installed 3 months ago was flawless. Obviously it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet but I am RELIEVED!

IMG_0668.jpeg
I have owned my SB GT for two months and I absolutely love it! 400 mile road trip last weekend with no issues. Yet to see another one in the wild and I was in Cincy and Dayton.

Last edited:

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Well………. It won’t be hours. Probably weeks. My GT was delivered damaged. They need to replace the front end
So sorry to hear that!

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
I spent the last 6 months after my test drive and subsequent order surfing these here forums. I have agonized over the problems I am gonna probably have with this car after reading post after post after post. Yesterday my GT was delivered and all I have experienced is pure adrenaline JOY. 15 min drive home from the dealer was flawless. Charging from my ChargePoint Home Flex installed 3 months ago was flawless. Obviously it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet but I am RELIEVED!

IMG_0668.jpeg
Enjoy, looks awesome

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
That's awesome that some dealers have GT demo cars. I'd love to test drive one just for the hell of it, but my dealer only had a premium that wasn't spoken for by an order when I was there last month for service.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

IMG_0668.jpeg
In the beginning of the year there was a lot of PAAK issues but as the year progressed the PAAK issues got much better. My charger at home Pulsar Plus works great and other than PAAK issues the other issues are small. Setting that don't stick but with updates of the app and car its getting better for sure.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the beginning of the year there was a lot of PAAK issues but as the year progressed the PAAK issues got much better. My charger at home Pulsar Plus works great and other than PAAK issues the other issues are small. Setting that don't stick but with updates of the app and car its getting better for sure.
Plus the car is so fun to drive. So fast and quiet and smooth.
Sponsored