Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Our FE RR... now has it's 2nd ding... I parked next to a right-of-way marker (concrete)... opened the driver's door... :(

The first ding was in the parking lot of a restaurant 1 week after having it PPF and Ceramic... a lady parked really close and then her passenger got out in a hurry... the entire car rocked from the impact. fortunately that was only PPF damage... The lady sped out of the lot before we could get up from our food... :(

My ding with less force is more painful to look at and know is there... cross posted in the RR thread.

I know others have experienced worse.. But this was a car that I wanted to love and protect.
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Our FE RR... now has it's 2nd ding... I parked next to a right-of-way marker (concrete)... opened the driver's door... :(

The first ding was in the parking lot of a restaurant 1 week after having it PPF and Ceramic... a lady parked really close and then her passenger got out in a hurry... the entire car rocked from the impact. fortunately that was only PPF damage... The lady sped out of the lot before we could get up from our food... :(

My ding with less force is more painful to look at and know is there... cross posted in the RR thread.

I know others have experienced worse.. But this was a car that I wanted to love and protect.
got my first one a while back. had it fixed. the guy did a good job 75 dollars mine was on the driver door mid-way up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
got my first one a while back. had it fixed. the guy did a good job 75 dollars mine was on the drive door mid-way up.
I'm not sure they can fix my 2nd ding... I was told by the dealership that they have a mobile dent repair guy that comes by every Wednesday... and does $100 per ding..

I wonder, can the do Dent repair with the PPF and Ceramic on the car?

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I'm not sure they can fix my 2nd ding... I was told by the dealership that they have a mobile dent repair guy that comes by every Wednesday... and does $100 per ding..

PPF can be removed and reapplied after a considerable amount of time. My friend's shop did it a year later, which isn't typical but it shows that it's possible!

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Oh man, so sorry to hear...

Dude, if someone hit my car I'd be jumping over tables to get to them. That is my biggest pet peeve. Exactly why I park "out in the boonies" as my wife and kids like to say. My F150 had 1 dink in it from some ahole who hit it with a door. I did not notice it till we got to breakfast or I would had raised hell at the hotel to get the owner.

Depending on how bad it is, I would assume the PPF on the panel damaged and the general area the coating would get removed. It really depends on if they can correct it by just pulling it out. If they can just pull it out then it won't effect anything.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag

My friend Chris has a paintless dent repair service and just goes to dealerships every week to repair dents on mostly trade in vehicles and sometimes new vehicles.
He has become very well off pursuing a career that takes no college and minimal investement.
A great career for someone not interested in College

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It's well worth seeking out paintless dent repair. We had it done on our Raptor and even the detailer who did the ceramic coating later couldn't tell where it was at. Many of the paintless dent people are mobile and will come to you.

Get it done.

Last edited:

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
I washed my car this morning and found a small chip in the paint on the hood. Never even heard it happen. So ordered an OEM touch up kit with clear coat.

Was not happy since I have had the car for 9 days today

Last edited:

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Can a door ding right on the door-where that angle is be pulled out? I have a mild ding there that is hardly noticeable but I know its there.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag

So, if I read this right, you no longer love the car and don't care about protecting it. How much to get you to part with this despised, un-cared for POS? LOL