Door not closing

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Another update on this. I was contacted by the dealer and apparently a Ford engineer reached out to him about this fix. They agreed that the latch was the right thing to replace and the engineer also said that Ford is releasing a new software update for the door modules. Apparently it can't be done via OTA update, so I'll have to take in for the latest. Not sure how they push this out to all of the other cars on the road...
Firmware updating via OTA hasn’t been completely turned on yet. The first OTA which is in the process of being rolled out now lays the ground work for all that.

At some point they may be able to push the door module update via OTA, but atm, it’ll apparently go on the dealer’s “To Do” list.
Sponsored

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I had the "presenter" on the driver's door stay extended this morning for the first time. My 2021 Job 1 ER RWD is up-to-date with the modules. No codes when I checked with FDRS.

I tried pushing it back in but did not want to break it. I read the WSM and it only had instructions to remove and install the whole assembly. I went out and pushed harder on the presenter. It felt geared to a motor, but I got it to slowly go back to normal. I tried opening the door a couple of times and it worked properly.