Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer XLT, 2018 Ecosport Titanium,
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
When the map is displayed, you can press the tools button and select weather. Also, you press the voice button and ask for the weather.

IMG_0284.jpeg
Thanks much! Don't know how I missed that.

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
There's two things there - assuming it's using Travel Link, that has its own subscription.

So that's why I say two things - no, you don't need satellite radio, but it is a subscription.

NavWeather is a bit pricy though since you have to get the top level: SiriusXM Travel Link
Not sure how I rated, but my Travel Link subscription was complimentary for 5-years in both my 16 Explorer and 18 EcoSport.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
All my vehicles that have shown the radar have gotten that weather data from Sirius TraveLink. But you got a 5 year subscription to it for free at purchase. And that stayed active even if you sold the car.

However, with the Mach-E, I do not see the travellink subscription on my SXM account page. My older vehicles showed it was active under the complimentary plan.

I believe this data is part of the "Ford Connected Services" plan which we are currently getting free and who knows how much will be after the trial.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Ford removed TraveLink from Sync 4. They do their own traffic and weather via the cell modem. It makes way more sense. TraveLink was so dang slow to load and is can be expensive when the trial expires.

My question is how much is Ford going to charge us for all of these services in the future.

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
Ford removed TraveLink from Sync 4. They do their own traffic and weather via the cell modem. It makes way more sense. TraveLink was so dang slow to load and is can be expensive when the trial expires.

My question is how much is Ford going to charge us for all of these services in the future.
I found the traffic data in TravelLInk lacking to say the least. Would show a clear interstate and I'd sit in traffic for 20 minutes. At times, the opposite would occur.

I like the idea of real time in Sync 4A. But then again, the question is how much will these features cost us once the 3-year gratis from Ford expires.

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
Here's a pic of the doppler radar. You have to pull over to play the loop, and it shows your maximum range.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Doppler-type Weather Display in Sync4A IMG_6944
Anyone know what the blue jagged line means around the vehicle location? Haven't found any reference to this is any f the volumes of owner manuals.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Anyone know what the blue jagged line means around the vehicle location? Haven't found any reference to this is any f the volumes of owner manuals.
Blue line is the range indicator: how far you can go from the current point.

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
Blue line is the range indicator: how far you can go from the current point.
Thanks much! I didn't expect to see that on the weather map, but did expect to see on the regular moving road map.