Machfun

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Country flag
Can anyone tell me exactly where the driver monitor is? When my husband drives the car it constantly gives him a "watch the road" warning when he's staring straight ahead. It doesn't do it to me so the only thing I can think of is that he somehow is blocking it with the angle he sets the steering wheel to
Sponsored

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
It's the wide horizontal piece above the center hub of the steering wheel that's towards the digital gauge cluster.

(photo credit: TimBE)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver monitor 1663798599037

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The little screen attached to the steering wheel, right below the driver's cluster. It might not be playing friendly with his sunglasses? I've used polarized and non-polarized without issue, though.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Tell him he has to keep his eyes looking forward. ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver monitor 84cf9aaa06b9c07148f1b190fbe28cf6ca7f5fe9

But watch out for dark sunglasses, thick glasses, or holding the wheel at 12 o'clock and blocking the sensor view with your forearm.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
He might be resting his hand on the top of the steering wheel when driving, blocking the camera. Some other people have mentioned that on here in a few other posts.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Tell him he has to keep his eyes looking forward. ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver monitor 84cf9aaa06b9c07148f1b190fbe28cf6ca7f5fe9

But watch out for dark sunglasses, thick glasses, or holding the wheel at 12 o'clock and blocking the sensor view with your forearm.
Dark sunglasses are not an issue. I wear polarized sunglasses all the time and the car has no problem detecting my eyes. The 12 o’clock advice is spot on.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
Can anyone tell me exactly where the driver monitor is? When my husband drives the car it constantly gives him a "watch the road" warning when he's staring straight ahead. It doesn't do it to me so the only thing I can think of is that he somehow is blocking it with the angle he sets the steering wheel to
For me - I got the "Watch the road" warning sometimes when I was watching the road. the problem was my hand position! Two hands near the top of wheel (11 and 1) will block the camera that is looking at your face.

And, it's worth noting that hands at 11 and 1 is a bad idea with airbags (you will break your hand & nose if the airbag deploys and causes you to punch yourself in the face)

So - hands down the wheel a bit (10 and 2) and you avoid the eye-nanny complaining - and the embarassment of having the worst outcome of a crash being a self-induced punch to the face.
Sponsored