EGmachE

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE CR1
Country flag
My 2021 Job 1.5 recently underwent an update and now my drivers side door doesn't open without first opening the drivers side rear door. I am in the possession of the key fob and can unlock manually with the fob. The car does detect me and lights up but the drivers side door doesn't open without first opening the rear drivers side door. Same with PAAK.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Sponsored

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Disconnect the 12V battery momentarily. Or, just wait for the next power up to hit, and that might take care of it.

OP
OP

EGmachE

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE CR1
Country flag
The disconnect didn't fix it. Damn

mattadata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E Route 1
Country flag
My 2021 Job 1.5 recently underwent an update and now my drivers side door doesn't open without first opening the drivers side rear door. I am in the possession of the key fob and can unlock manually with the fob. The car does detect me and lights up but the drivers side door doesn't open without first opening the rear drivers side door. Same with PAAK.

Exact same thing happened to me. My car is at the dealer now getting fixed for this. They said it was a bad door control module that needs to be replaced.

melissphillips

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag

I’ve been having the opportunity issue, after getting the update the car doesn’t auto lock as I walk away.. or at least it doesn’t honk and flash as if it does

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I'm just going to point out (hoping @Ford Motor Company is listening) how insanely stupid the push-button door-opening system is. My Mach-E is the first and last car I will ever buy that has this 'innovation'.

Door handles. They're called door handles. Please use them next time. Thank you.
Sponsored