Passenger door buttons not working

QueasyLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1
Country flag
Has anyone else had this happen? Recently (the last month or so) quite often the passenger, especially rear passenger door buttons will only work to open/unlock if I open the driver door, or sometimes front passenger door first. It's making getting the kids in and out a bit of a headache.

I have both PaaK and the fob, I haven't noticed a difference with either but can test that to see if that's the issue.
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I’ve never heard this before. Oh wait, maybe 10 other threads about it. I’ll have to search.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Has anyone else had this happen? Recently (the last month or so) quite often the passenger, especially rear passenger door buttons will only work to open/unlock if I open the driver door, or sometimes front passenger door first. It's making getting the kids in and out a bit of a headache.

I have both PaaK and the fob, I haven't noticed a difference with either but can test that to see if that's the issue.
Hi there! I can look into your Mach-E's lock concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Maverick's VIN?

OP
OP

QueasyLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1
Country flag
I’ve never heard this before. Oh wait, maybe 10 other threads about it. I’ll have to search.
You know what I did just that and it's really strange that a car forum would have quite so many posts including the words "passenger", "door" and "button", quite strange indeed, so I figured someone might be nice enough to help.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
OP
OP

QueasyLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1
Country flag
Here is a recent one.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/front-passenger-door-buttons-not-working.33317/

Did a title search for door unlock.

You know the saying about teach a man to fish…?
If not Google it. 😂
Never been much into fishing, but much obliged for the link!

Seems that pulling a fuse/rebooting via the LVB may reset the module:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/door-not-unlocking.33837/

Edit: and lots of people have had to have theirs replaced 😕

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/front-passenger-button-lock.33524/post-751610
Ah, that's a pain, thanks. I need to take the car in to replace the HVBJB anyway so I'll probably just get the dealer to work on it.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
There are plenty of threads but not very clear resolution / troubleshooting steps on many of those threads.

Appreciate the link as I too have the issue. May try to get mobile service to reboot the 12V when they're here.
All the resolution have been disconnect the battery.

chuckles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 RWD Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Never been much into fishing, but much obliged for the link!

Ah, that's a pain, thanks. I need to take the car in to replace the HVBJB anyway so I'll probably just get the dealer to work on it.
They may balk at replacing the door switch if they can’t reproduce the issue.

The next time it happens, take a video of the light not illuminating (and being unresponsive): sharing that with your service manager might get them to fix it.

ack154

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
All the resolution have been disconnect the battery.
That didn't seem to work for mine for whatever reason. Maybe I didn't leave it disconnected long enough or something stupid though, who knows.

Patrick_MME

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This might not be your issue (as you state the doors work occasionally/eventually), but when my rear passenger door button stopped working, it was due to water infiltration to the door compartment due to a bad window seal that caused the door control module to fail.

FrankieD

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag

Happened to me - took it to the dealer and they replaced the keyboard actuator and that fixed the issue

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I had something similar happen but on the drivers door. I couldn't open/unlock or lock from drivers door unless I unlock from within the app, via fob or via another door first. Similarly couldn't lock from drivers door.
It did that for about a month, then I got a software update OTA that must've reset some module, the driver door lock started working after the OTA update.
So sounds like pulling a fuse or 12V battery to reset the system may have fixed it too.
Sponsored