RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
With the big news about the price reduction today, there has been a lot more talk again about A/Z/X plan pricing and incentives. I'm a little confused about what the incentives mean. When I type in my zip code the site says I would be eligible for $1,000 in incentives. Does this mean if I finance and purchase through Ford I get a check for $1,000 at some point? Or does that incentive pay for most of the destination and delivery charge for me? Or are these Ford bucks that I can use to pay for Ford dealer options like a tow hitch?

ELI5
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Incentives are basically money off the price of the car. But ignore what's there now. It's too far away timewise to matter.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Incentives are basically money off the price of the car. But ignore what's there now. It's too far away timewise to matter.
@GoGoGadgetMachE: We realize the current incentives aren't the final ones. @RVAtom is asking a question I've tried to get the answer to earlier: how do these incentives work? Let's assume the $1000 now will be the $1000 later. How does it work? Does it require financing or will it apply if you pay cash? How is Ford Bonus Credit Cash different?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
@GoGoGadgetMachE: We realize the current incentives aren't the final ones. @RVAtom is asking a question I've tried to get the answer to earlier: how do these incentives work? Let's assume the $1000 now will be the $1000 later. How does it work? Does it require financing or will it apply if you pay cash? How is Ford Bonus Credit Cash different?
My understanding is that it depends. Your dealer is the best to answer that question because some programs have special rules. Options, lease and standard retail programs could all have different money programs available, vary by region and could change from month to month.

Customer cash is usually just that. It’s at the customer discretion on how it’s used. Apply it as a down payment or take away as cash.

Dealer cash or rebates are money given to the dealer from Ford and is up to the dealers discretion on how or even if it’s given to the customer to use as a down payment or as cash. Rebates are almost always given to the customer and applied towards the down payment.

Dealer cash may or may not be disclosed to the customer so the dealer may keep the money or give it to you to use or another customer entirely because it’s the dealers money to use as they wish.

Bonus cash for example if it was Ford Options Bonus Cash would be given to the customer only if they sign a Ford Options contract. Take it as cash or apply towards the loan. Or for example lease bonus cash for leasing only.

If you pay cash for the vehicle then it’s up to you if you want to apply the money (rebates, customer cash etc.) to reduce the cash price (maybe pay less tax) or take away the money as cash but pay more for the vehicle.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Your dealer is the best to answer that question
Hahahaha.

Oh wait, that's a real answer.

My suspicion regarding my dealer is neither unique nor new. Which is why knowledge about the incentives available would be really nice. Some of us are going to be dealing with dealers who deny such things exist.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Some of us are going to be dealing with dealers who deny such things exist.
No problem, just drive to the next state over and work with a dealer there. You do have an amphicar, right?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hahahaha.

Oh wait, that's a real answer.

My suspicion regarding my dealer is neither unique nor new. Which is why knowledge about the incentives available would be really nice. Some of us are going to be dealing with dealers who deny such things exist.
Thanks @hybrid2bev. The descriptions you provided help. The leading message, not so much. I'm with @Kamuelaflyer, if our best source of information is the dealer, most of us are in real trouble.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
All the programs have their own fine print, however, I would bet Ford Bonus Credit Cash requires you to take out financing from Ford and probably not pay it off for a short period of time.....30-90 days. The amount, in this case $1,000, would be used to reduce your purchase price...in other words increase your down payment, if any, by $1k. Requiring you to maintain the loan for longer periods [or maybe even 30-90] days may run afoul of consumer protection laws. Their hope would be that once the loan is in place you would not pay it off.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I answered that as best we can. It will be money off the total. We don't know financing requirements yet.

"these incentives" is not a meaningful statement at this time.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I answered that as best we can. It will be money off the total. We don't know financing requirements yet.

"these incentives" is not a meaningful statement at this time.
I realized I could expand even more on why "these incentives" isn't a meaningful phrase here.

Approximately 99.99999999% of the time, cash incentives will have this language (from a randomly chosen offer just now off the Ford site):

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dumb Incentives Question 1601518281689

Is it even possible to "take new retail delivery from dealer stock" when there is no dealer stock because it's all pre-ordered?

For the same approximate percentage of the time, it's cash off cash or a low financing rate (perhaps also with less cash in the same offer or another offer e. g. $1500+1.9% or $0+0%) or a lease option. (Of course, there's not a lease option here, it's the pseudo-lease Ford Options thing, which changes this even moer.) There's math involved in figuring out the best option if you have multiple cash incentive choices, with and without financing, because a higher rate with more cash back might be a cheaper total cost than a lower rate with less cash back.

So in normal cases, this is often complicated. And this isn't even a normal case.

All we can say for sure is that if there is some cash incentive, it's effectively off the total price. And I said that in my initial reply.

There's literally nothing else that can be said for sure right now. We can speculate, if we want to fill even more posts with speculation, but that's it.

We do have very strong evidence from elsewhere on this forum that everything will be presented as straightforward information on the Ford web site when the time comes to purchase - no "finance manager" nonsense. Which means that each purchaser should have the proper information in front of them in a no-pressure situation to make the best choice for them.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I realized I could expand even more on why "these incentives" isn't a meaningful phrase here.

Approximately 99.99999999% of the time, cash incentives will have this language (from a randomly chosen offer just now off the Ford site):

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dumb Incentives Question 1601518281689

Is it even possible to "take new retail delivery from dealer stock" when there is no dealer stock because it's all pre-ordered?

For the same approximate percentage of the time, it's cash off cash or a low financing rate (perhaps also with less cash in the same offer or another offer e. g. $1500+1.9% or $0+0%) or a lease option. (Of course, there's not a lease option here, it's the pseudo-lease Ford Options thing, which changes this even moer.) There's math involved in figuring out the best option if you have multiple cash incentive choices, with and without financing, because a higher rate with more cash back might be a cheaper total cost than a lower rate with less cash back.

So in normal cases, this is often complicated. And this isn't even a normal case.

All we can say for sure is that if there is some cash incentive, it's effectively off the total price. And I said that in my initial reply.

There's literally nothing else that can be said for sure right now. We can speculate, if we want to fill even more posts with speculation, but that's it.

We do have very strong evidence from elsewhere on this forum that everything will be presented as straightforward information on the Ford web site when the time comes to purchase - no "finance manager" nonsense. Which means that each purchaser should have the proper information in front of them in a no-pressure situation to make the best choice for them.
I especially hope you're right about that last part.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My understanding is that it depends. Your dealer is the best to answer that question because some programs have special rules. Options, lease and standard retail programs could all have different money programs available, vary by region and could change from month to month.

Customer cash is usually just that. It’s at the customer discretion on how it’s used. Apply it as a down payment or take away as cash.

Dealer cash or rebates are money given to the dealer from Ford and is up to the dealers discretion on how or even if it’s given to the customer to use as a down payment or as cash. Rebates are almost always given to the customer and applied towards the down payment.

Dealer cash may or may not be disclosed to the customer so the dealer may keep the money or give it to you to use or another customer entirely because it’s the dealers money to use as they wish.

Bonus cash for example if it was Ford Options Bonus Cash would be given to the customer only if they sign a Ford Options contract. Take it as cash or apply towards the loan. Or for example lease bonus cash for leasing only.

If you pay cash for the vehicle then it’s up to you if you want to apply the money (rebates, customer cash etc.) to reduce the cash price (maybe pay less tax) or take away the money as cash but pay more for the vehicle.
HAHAHA....the same dealer that must be auto-sending all my emails to the trash bin. That dealer? Okay.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I can clear some of this up. The Mache will be considered dealer stock. The dealer is responsible for it tell the sale
. If you don't buy that mache, the dealer keeps it and has the right to sell it. It does not go back to ford. One the order was placed by us or the dealer and it arrives at the dealer. It then is dealer stock.

The incentives page suppose to be taken down and re-worked and finalized by end of October.
I don't even know about the new incentives. They are coming, folks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dumb Incentives Question 1601520212341

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dumb Incentives Question today today

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I can clear some of this up. The Mache will be considered dealer stock.
that is actually extremely interesting and directly answers my question on that. feels a little weird, but I get what you're saying.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
that is actually extremely interesting and directly answers my question on that. feels a little weird, but I get what you're saying.
Remember, what Ford or dealers consider "presented as straightforward information" may require a dictionary to the hidden language of car dealers or a secret decoder ring to understand.
Sponsored