EA has stepped up their game!!

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I took a road trip this last weekend and was SHOCKED at my EA charging experience. We've all seen the horror stories like Marques' EV road trip and Out of Spec Motoring. I've even had a few less than favorable run-ins with EA myself.

But they must be listening! I used plug and charge with my free credits and it was flawless! It just worked, first try, every time.

(If you're interested I showed the details of the trip on here https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRnvScf5/ )

Now... If only we could get Ford to respond as quickly as EA has.... ?

Has anyone else noticed this improvement? Or did I just have a unicorn experience?
Sponsored

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Your feedback makes me want to try again. I have yet to have a positive experience with EA so I haven’t even attempted it in a while….

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Visit Phoenix in the summer heat and see if you can get more than 35kw on one of the older ABB chargers. What were the Plugshare ratings for the sites you used?

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Visit Phoenix in the summer heat and see if you can get more than 35kw on one of the older ABB chargers. What were the Plugshare ratings for the sites you used?
TBH I didn't even think to check but I just looked and they're all 10s

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
FWIW, I had the same positive experience charging at EA with plug-and-charge using my free credits at about 8 charging stops, but back in May. There have been many stories of how bad it is, but plenty of "it just works" experiences. My worst encounter was slow charging at one station, which i quickly resolved by moving. I never used the app to start or anything funky - just plugged in and let it charge. My guess is the problems are sporadic and localized (eg old chargers are always bad, so if that is all you use the experience is always terrible). My charge stops were all in CA, on the 5 and 99 corridors, all fairly new EA stations, mostly in Walmart parking lots.

ocdxfv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
I just got home from a 9 day, 2200 mike road trip from So Calif to CO. While on the road, we charged 15 times, 7 of them were on EA, and every one of the EA charges was flawless. 6 of the charges were were on ChargePoint on we only had one small issue with them. EA and CP have earned my loyalty, that's for sure.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I just got home from a 9 day, 2200 mike road trip from So Calif to CO. While on the road, we charged 15 times, 7 of them were on EA, and every one of the EA charges was flawless. 6 of the charges were were on ChargePoint on we only had one small issue with them. EA and CP have earned my loyalty, that's for sure.
Oh wow that's awesome! Were you using plug and charge or were you using the EA app?

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I will believe it when I am able to successfully charge at the EA in Gainesville, FL! Per the latest comments in Plugshare they still have the same issues that I ran into over a month ago!!

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I charged over the weekend at three different EA locations in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. Max charge I would see was ~125 kW at stations rated for 350 kW max. On a 150 kW max charger at the Indiana location, I was only seeing ~60 kW max. But on a positive note, P&C worked at all locations.

I also stopped at ChargePoint station in SW Michigan and only saw a ridiculously slow 25 kW on a station claiming 50 kW max.
Sponsored