Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
I've never had it not work on all types of EA's stations. Once you activate it in the App and the station actually says its ready, the whole authorization process is bypassed and the session started using your EA account, and not your FP account.

I can see it maybe not working if you plug in before the station is fully activated from the app though. You definitely have to activate on the app, and wait for the station to show your account and then you can plug in.
The newer stations out here (brand new btw) tell you after you swipe that you need to plug in first and fail to initialize unless you are plugged in when the swipe happens. but by that point P&C is already initializing and swiping causes weird issues with the station.

Edit:

It's also worth noting I have 13k Miles on my mach-e at this point and have used 30+ different EA stations, and not all of them perform this way, but the 2 brand new ones (one installed in August the other in October) I regularly use both work this way.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The newer stations out here (brand new btw) tell you after you swipe that you need to plug in first and fail to initialize unless you are plugged in when the swipe happens. but by that point P&C is already initializing and swiping causes weird issues with the station.

Edit:

It's also worth noting I have 13k Miles on my mach-e at this point and have used 30+ different EA stations, and not all of them perform this way, but the 2 brand new ones (one installed in August the other in October) I regularly use both work this way.
Do you know what kind of station that is? I haven't encountered any yet that function differently yet. I think they all say to plug in first on the screen. But that is not correct for this.

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
Do you know what kind of station that is? I haven't encountered any yet that function differently yet. I think they all say to plug in first on the screen. But that is not correct for this.
I don't know the manufactures, but they are the newer EA stations with the 2 plugs in the front with the display. Every EA station I have seen that has come online within the last 6 months has had these same units.
Sponsored