Earliest reservation still without car

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Maybe there is more to the back end but as soon as the dealer confirmed my order, it said so on the reservation site. So I am fairly sure my dealer put it in correctly.

There are others on here that put an order in late Spring for a GT (with no reservation) and their cars have shipped. I agree I have had some "unluckiness" in this process. very frustrating that it has happened with both of my Mache's. Reservation order may be "a" priority but it is clearly not the top priority in this process.

I will survive but for now it is frustrating.
I posted this on another thread but it applies here as well if your car is built but waiting on a chip:

Your order is already delayed. Does it make more sense to delay every order (and stop production) or just put yours aside and install the chip when they have “extras?”

I would say they keep the production line going. Even though that means people in line behind you get their cars first.

Your car likely doesn’t need to go down the assembly line again. They just need someone to get and install a few missing parts.

The problem is likely they don’t have enough chips to both keep production going and install the missing parts on the cars already built.

So rather than shutting the factory down, they prioritize keeping it going vs delivering your car.

It’s most definitely NOT fair to you.

What would be more fair is to give YOU the “next complete car with your specs”
That goes down the assembly line.

But they can’t easily do that because they assign each person a VIN.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Reservation 11/2019, order placed GTPE 4/30. Build week 8/26. Still shows in production. Lists 10/31 delivery date, but i doubt that is happening. Rotting in Mexico likely waiting for a chip I assume. Irritated.
You might be the winner of the unwanted contest. ?

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I posted this on another thread but it applies here as well if your car is built but waiting on a chip:

Your order is already delayed. Does it make more sense to delay every order (and stop production) or just put yours aside and install the chip when they have “extras?”

I would say they keep the production line going. Even though that means people in line behind you get their cars first.

Your car likely doesn’t need to go down the assembly line again. They just need someone to get and install a few missing parts.

The problem is likely they don’t have enough chips to both keep production going and install the missing parts on the cars already built.

So rather than shutting the factory down, they prioritize keeping it going vs delivering your car.

It’s most definitely NOT fair to you.

What would be more fair is to give YOU the “next complete car with your specs”
That goes down the assembly line.

But they can’t easily do that because they assign each person a VIN.
I don’t disagree.
still sucks though ?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The VIN # she gave me is not valid. The F should be an S. Then it shows up on the tracker with my order number. Only the options are wrong. I never ordered copilot 360/glass roof! I don't want a glass roof. This is getting ridiculous.
If you want 360, you have to have the glass roof. Can’t get one without the other for a 2021 PE.

You can however get it without both, but that would mean “back of the line” for you since you already have a VIN assigned (which also means they already scheduled your build).

Everyone seems to love the glass roof FWIW.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Reservation 11/2019, order placed GTPE 4/30. Build week 8/26. Still shows in production. Lists 10/31 delivery date, but i doubt that is happening. Rotting in Mexico likely waiting for a chip I assume. Irritated.
Yay, today it changed to 11/16 delivery. Maybe it means something is actually happening?

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Ouch! Mine went from oct 31 to Nov 23 but still shows in production. Such a fun process.

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
Technically I ordered on July 4 2020. When I decided to go to ER I had to reorder in Oct.

One more day!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Earliest reservation still without car 7965EF83-4862-42CD-8FF7-E6EF7761FC37

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pro
I reserved Nov 2019.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Earliest reservation still without car 2BECDA2D-BA43-4D2B-B2B4-A78FF85296BF

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
My car is sitting in at the Port of Richmond. Has been there for at least a week. It's 20 miles from my dealership. I had a September 20 delivery date. First day reservation and order date.

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pro
And still no car yet?
Not yet, but tomorrow or Friday should be the day. Tomorrow I have a 9:00 appointment <1 mile from the dealer so I’ll drop by after. That is if I don’t drive down tonight and sleep in my car next to it until the dealership opens up. ?

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Yay, today it changed to 11/16 delivery. Maybe it means something is actually happening?
Thought I would renew this thread since I and many early reservation holders STILL do not have GT’s.

@Clint Eastwood any luck yet on your car?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My car is sitting in at the Port of Richmond. Has been there for at least a week. It's 20 miles from my dealership. I had a September 20 delivery date. First day reservation and order date.
I have a similar problem. Apparently drivers are nowhere to be found. What a mess. Got to be a better way.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Thought I would renew this thread since I and many early reservation holders STILL do not have GT’s.

@Clint Eastwood any luck yet on your car?
No luck no update. Palsapp still showing nothing. Dealer doesn’t know what a VVR is. Still says 11/10-11/16 delivery. I read in another thread someone with build date the same on his VVR is was loaded on a train to KC on 11/1. If so, one full month after it says shipped to be shipped is horrible from ford, and their communication absolutely blows. I better love my GTPE so much, cause if I don’t, I will have a lot of resentment over the process. And I sold my Tesla Model S a few weeks ago to Carvana in anticipation of my arrival. Hopefully that wasn’t a huge mistake
Sponsored