Early Access "Research Opportunity "

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Anybody get this email and know anything about it?? I booked a slot to talk to them. Topic

Mach-E GT Performance Features

Or lack there of when I get done.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Damn. I never get picked for anything.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I wonder if it’s just for Performance Edition owners?

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I got the invite but boy is it sketchy. I only have a GT so not limited to GT PE owners. Using some scheduling aid called SignUpGenius but why send me advertising in the confirmation email?

then you click on the link in the confirmation email they were exposing fullnames in the schedule but looks like they fixed that faux pas and now show just the first name and last inital:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Early Access "Research Opportunity " 1684890409152

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
I got the invite but boy is it sketchy. I only have a GT so not limited to GT PE owners. Using some scheduling aid called SignUpGenius but why send me advertising in the confirmation email?

then you click on the link in the confirmation email they were exposing fullnames in the schedule but looks like they fixed that faux pas and now show just the first name and last inital:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Early Access "Research Opportunity " 1684890409152
Yeah, initially I thought it was a scam. Checked the email address and looked a little more into it. I just want to lay into them about the 5 sec bs.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, initially I thought it was a scam. Checked the email address and looked a little more into it. I just want to lay into them about the 5 sec bs.
And then you have 59 minutes of other insight to offer, I hope you aren't disappointed . I'll guess that it is a contracted market survey firm with a fixed list of questions for future vehicles they would like your opinion.

I am of the opinion the 5 second burst/turbo mode is here to stay and I am ok with that since the GT is my wife's car and she is very happy with the Mach-E. As for me, Rivian delivered me an 835hp R1S so I am no longer bound by the 5 second rule or staying on paved roads.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
And then you have 59 minutes of other insight to offer, I hope you aren't disappointed . I'll guess that it is a contracted market survey firm with a fixed list of questions for future vehicles they would like your opinion.

I am of the opinion the 5 second burst/turbo mode is here to stay and I am ok with that since the GT is my wife's car and she is very happy with the Mach-E. As for me, Rivian delivered me an 835hp R1S so I am no longer bound by the 5 second rule or staying on paved roads.
Don't think that's what it's about but we shall see.
Brother has a rivian. You should be mad it loses to every single drag race to a tesla performance 3 in real world. Not quite as advertised either.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Make sure to be specific.

The issue isn’t just the “5 seconds,” it’s…….

-how dramatic the power reduction is. Other manufacturers lose 70 hp off boost, we lose around 150 hp.

-how they hide the details of the limit and droppoff

-how you only get 5 seconds from a stop and zero seconds above 72 mph

-how dramatic the power reduction is from cold weather, repeated throttle attempts, low charge, speed above 72 and the many other things they reduce power for.

But tell them we like the handling and braking, both of which are superb, but are completely overshadowed by the embarrassing power limitations.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Brother has a rivian. You should be mad it loses to every single drag race to a tesla performance 3 in real world. Not quite as advertised either.
The M3P win is no surprise given the weight and drag coefficient differences. I owned the Tesla before the Mach-E and R1S so I know very well how each compares and the advantages/disadvantages of each.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

They fixed it because I immediately saw that and said something. I would also say that you posting that screen shot isn't the brightest idea as some of those names are from people on this forum.

And yes, GT and GTPE owners were invited, which is a bit head scratching given the topic is supposedly about the Performance features.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
They fixed it because I immediately saw that and said something. I would also say that you posting that screen shot isn't the brightest idea as some of those names are from people on this forum.

And yes, GT and GTPE owners were invited, which is a bit head scratching given the topic is supposedly about the Performance features.
Probably about “performance” in the generic meaning of the word, not “performance edition.”

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I got it and signed up. Thats me at 11 am on Friday. I was one of the first so I never saw any other names being exposed. Not thrilled that mine was.

I've done this one other time regarding the Ford Streaming update. I can assure you its legit and they do send you the gift card at the end.
Sponsored