Electrify America stations "coming soon" now missing from app and website?

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
It's no secret that DCFC availability in the Midwest is a barren godforsaken wasteland, especially in northeast Indiana. I check EA's "coming soon" map on a monthly basis hoping we see more activity in this state.

I've noticed at least one "coming soon" station in Louisville KY is no longer on the map, and a few sites in Michigan are now no longer listed.

If the assumption that these projects were cancelled is correct, I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent NACS announcements.

Anyone else here keep an eye open for infrastructure updates?
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It's no secret that DCFC availability in the Midwest is a barren godforsaken wasteland, especially in northeast Indiana. I check EA's "coming soon" map on a monthly basis hoping we see more activity in this state.

I've noticed at least one "coming soon" station in Louisville KY is no longer on the map, and a few sites in Michigan are now no longer listed.

If the assumption that these projects were cancelled is correct, I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent NACS announcements.

Anyone else here keep an eye open for infrastructure updates?
I have seen them do this a few times and first noticed the latest removal about a month ago for MN & WI which was before the announcement

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
This happens all the time with EA for example they have a coming soon station on the i15 at Primm that has been in a continual back n forth state of now you see me, now you don't on the map.

The actual station is physically there and has been for well over a year so who knows what the hold up is for bringing it online. Maybe there have been various parts shortages so other stations have got prioritized so some of the coming soon stations got parts diverted elsewhere.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This happens all the time with EA for example they have a coming soon station on the i15 at Primm that has been in a continual back n forth state of now you see me, now you don't on the map.

The actual station is physically there and has been for well over a year so who knows what the hold up is for bringing it online. Maybe there have been various parts shortages so other stations have got prioritized so some of the coming soon stations got parts diverted elsewhere.
there are a lot of projects on hold due to transformers and substation components being backlogged for a year or more. The delays have been so long in some cases that EA has been ripping out the chargers with the plan to install their latest chargers.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It took 9 months for the new one in St. Petersburg to open, it sat empty for 8 of those months after they installed all the parking stuff and infrastructure

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Their forecasting appears to be about as reliable as their chargers.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've been tracking a "coming soon" site near Atlantic City that's done the same thing. I've been tracking it since early 2021 because there is dearth of DCFC in the entire southeastern quadrant of the state. It first disappeared last year when the infrastructure bill came out, presumably because they were trying to get NEVI funding for it. In fact the state did put a DCFC in that area as part of their NEVI plan - but since it was tagged for "phase 3", my guess is EA put it on hold until NJ gets around to phase 3. The "coming soon" site did come back on the EA map for a while last winter, but it's gone again. Fortunately NJ funded an EVgo site on the expressway not too far from the EA site, so I am generally not worried about getting stranded down in cape may.

Honestly, I have about as much faith in EA as I do in the lottery

jgregov

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Escape
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've been tracking a "coming soon" site near Atlantic City that's done the same thing. I've been tracking it since early 2021 because there is dearth of DCFC in the entire southeastern quadrant of the state. It first disappeared last year when the infrastructure bill came out, presumably because they were trying to get NEVI funding for it. In fact the state did put a DCFC in that area as part of their NEVI plan - but since it was tagged for "phase 3", my guess is EA put it on hold until NJ gets around to phase 3. The "coming soon" site did come back on the EA map for a while last winter, but it's gone again. Fortunately NJ funded an EVgo site on the expressway not too far from the EA site, so I am generally not worried about getting stranded down in cape may.

Honestly, I have about as much faith in EA as I do in the lottery
I have been tracking this same location. I agree, no faith in EA. I have more faith that we will get access to the Tesla Super Chargers. I drive a Mach e.

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
EA chargers in TEXAS is an oxymoron......but that's really true of most chargers !
tesla to the rescue !

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have been tracking this same location. I agree, no faith in EA. I have more faith that we will get access to the Tesla Super Chargers. I drive a Mach e.
The only question is if we will be compelled to pay for the fordpass network to use the Tesla chargers. I suspect that will be the case, which would be disheartening.

NJ has a specific grant program for chargers at tourist locations, and in May 2022 both Ocean City and WildWood Crest were allocated grants. I know that WWC is planning to start the installation of 4 DCFC after September, and I hope it still happens - In February I asked about it in the council meeting and that's what the mayor said. Ocean City still has the charging stations slated for the transportation center in their online slide deck, but I don't know any more about that.

Phase 3 of NJ's NEVI plan has sites around the AC expressway/GSP interchange as well as south of exit 20, but who knows if phase 3 will ever happen given how quickly things can change when politics are involved.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The first EA station in VT had been listed as "coming soon" for almost 3 years. That has now vanished from the EA website, but is still listed on PlugShare. No sign of construction.
Sponsored