Elon Musk

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The Elon hate is comical. The amount of rent that gets paid because he lives in so many people's heads is astounding.
Lives in our heads? You're joking, right? Because we have negative opinions of someone, that means we're constantly thinking about them?

Every time a Tesla goes by, I do say to myself "what a bland piece of crap". I do admit that. And, every day I have an app that shows me how much of his $44B he's lost on Twitter, because that gives me great joy. :rolleyes: o_O

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Lives in our heads? You're joking, right? Because we have negative opinions of someone, that means we're constantly thinking about them?

Every time a Tesla goes by, I do say to myself "what a bland piece of crap". I do admit that. And, every day I have an app that shows me how much of his $44B he's lost on Twitter, because that gives me great joy. :rolleyes: o_O
Joking yes. But I would really like to know the actual root of all the hatred. It canā€™t be because a Tesla is ugly.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Joking yes. But I would really like to know the actual root of all the hatred. It canā€™t be because a Tesla is ugly.
There's a difference between disliking a company's products, and disliking the company's CEO. I am fortunate to be in both camps. I think the cars are bland, lack style, and have poor fit and finish. My negative opinion of the CEO stems from many things, and all of them don't belong on this forum. Top of the list though is his sheer arrogance at thinking he's better at doing everything than anyone. And overall treating people like crap. Just because you're one of the wealthiest people on the planet, doesn't mean you get to treat everyone else like crap.

I will say that he's not the only one in that regard by a long shot. I worked for a privately owned company where the owners are worth billions. They treat people like dog crap, like they stepped in you and they can't scrap you off their shoe fast enough. I boycott their products, and encourage others to do the same. Every little bit hurts.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
There's a difference between disliking a company's products, and disliking the company's CEO. I am fortunate to be in both camps. I think the cars are bland, lack style, and have poor fit and finish. My negative opinion of the CEO stems from many things, and all of them don't belong on this forum. Top of the list though is his sheer arrogance at thinking he's better at doing everything than anyone. And overall treating people like crap. Just because you're one of the wealthiest people on the planet, doesn't mean you get to treat everyone else like crap.

I will say that he's not the only one in that regard by a long shot. I worked for a privately owned company where the owners are worth billions. They treat people like dog crap, like they stepped in you and they can't scrap you off their shoe fast enough. I boycott their products, and encourage others to do the same. Every little bit hurts.
I mostly agree with you in all respects and I donā€™t like Tesla cars either for the same reasons you state. They are just not very appealing aesthetically and I wouldnā€™t own one personally. In my opinion thats no reason to hate the CEO. Yes, thats disliking a companyā€™s products. Not the real issue here.

Arrogance doesnā€™t phase me. I could care less. If I had my choice between an arrogant surgeon that could save my life or one that has good bed side manner but I may not live, Iā€™ll take the arrogant sob all day.

I would have to investigate the treating people badly. Some people are, lets face it, just way to sensitive. Being a business owner is a balance between getting things done and getting things done. Itā€™s not really a popularity contest. If he is actually treating people badly, that sounds like an A B issue. Social media is a bitch.

I donā€™t like to use the term ā€œgeniusā€. I know, that just made you skip to REPLY, but, most geniuses in the past have been eccentric. I put Elon is this same class. Is it excusable? No, it is not. Is it worth what they have done for society? That is the real question. No, I donā€™t like everything he (Elon) has done nor condone it. But would we even be having this conversation on an EV forum if he wasnā€™t around? Most of what he has done has been beneficial to society. NASA gave up, Ford and GM gave up. I use PayPal and trust it. Itā€™s not all bad. Tesla? Regardless, they are why we are here now.

Surely Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦.. right? I mean, this guy is super hated.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Surely Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦.. right? I mean, this guy is super hated.
Because he is successful and the richest person on the planet there is just a lot of envy and jealousy in my opinion. But, what do I know I don't go around on forums telling you how much I hate/dislike anyone or saying what a bad person they are.

ElectricDreams

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Always thought Elon was like Howard Hughs.
The cyber truck will be his ā€œSpuce Gooseā€!

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Always thought Elon was like Howard Hughs.
The cyber truck will be his ā€œSpuce Gooseā€!
It is Spruce not Spuce and I highly doubt that comparison will stand.

doogie63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
The book Liftoff about SpaceX was good. Another good book is The Founders: The Story of Paypal and the Entrepreneurs Who Shaped Silicon Valley.

ElectricDreams

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
It is Spruce not Spuce and I highly doubt that comparison will stand.
ā€œCEO Elon Musk said Thursday in an exchange with fans on Twitter that thereā€™s ā€œalways some chanceā€ his companyā€™s forthcoming Cybertruck will ā€œflop.ā€ Nonetheless, Musk plans to keep the Cybertruck ā€œproduction designā€ almost exactly the same as its show car ā€” a giant metal trapezoid.

But he also said he ā€œdoesnā€™t careā€ about any risk that the Cybertruck could flop, because he personally loves its design.ā€

Yeah, sounds like a winner to me!
Just what every shareholder wants to hear!!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I wouldnā€™t say that I hate Elon. I donā€™t agree with a lot of what he has done publicly though. He has done a lot for mainstreaming BEVs. Heā€™s quite the comical person of whom I am not a fan (far cry from ā€œhateā€ though). šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©
Sponsored