billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
When you're using cruise control of any type, you're not in 1 pedal mode... Page 243 of the 2022 manual
I have the 2021 manual…instead of the page number, what section is this information in?
Sponsored

dphunky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
I eventually learned that you can manually pressed the brakes to slow down the car when it is doing self park feature. The car goes super fast and super close to the other parked cars and having your foot on the brake to override it eases my mind. However I haven’t used this feature ever since I bought it so you are not missing much for the newer models out there where this feature was deleted.

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I eventually learned that you can manually pressed the brakes to slow down the car when it is doing self park feature. The car goes super fast and super close to the other parked cars and having your foot on the brake to override it eases my mind. However I haven’t used this feature ever since I bought it so you are not missing much for the newer models out there where this feature was deleted.
I tried to test autopark in a very quiet parking lot, but after 5-6 attempts to get it to engage I got embarrassed, even though I doubt anyone saw me. Probably should have read the manual...

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
If you lock the car with the pillar keypad and your PAAK and FOB is inside the car, you have to unlock it with the keypad….

Just hope you didn’t forget to set a new keypad code when you did a master reset…. And you are 250miles from the master pillar code that you can’t remember….

JmanMachE

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ext. range
Country flag
The first few times I had someone sit in the back seat and I would drop them off, when they unbuckled it would light up as an unbuckled passenger on the dash. For a while, I was asking people to please buckle the seat belt when they exited to avoid this. Then I read the in the manual how to disable the feature - it's way too complicated - so now I just power cycle the car (!) and that solved it. I don't understand why the car can sense when something's in the back seat and warn you when you turn it off (and it can be super light and still warn you) but when no one is there I need to know the seat belt is unbuckled...?

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
The first few times I had someone sit in the back seat and I would drop them off, when they unbuckled it would light up as an unbuckled passenger on the dash. For a while, I was asking people to please buckle the seat belt when they exited to avoid this. Then I read the in the manual how to disable the feature - it's way too complicated - so now I just power cycle the car (!) and that solved it. I don't understand why the car can sense when something's in the back seat and warn you when you turn it off (and it can be super light and still warn you) but when no one is there I need to know the seat belt is unbuckled...?
When you get that notice with the exclamation mark, just hit the okay on the steering wheel.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Through these forums, I learned that the profile buttons on the driver door don't just adjust seats, they will actually load the users profile if assigned. Life saver when getting into the car after my wife drives it and sets it to her profile

Edit: I got beat to the punch on page 1!

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
When using cruise control, the set number is green in the upper right corner. So that one pedal doesn't engage to aggressively, press on the accelerator until the green turns grey. You have then matched to speed set in the cruise control. Then cancel the cruise and control the deceleration with the accelerator.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Through these forums, I learned that the profile buttons on the driver door don't just adjust seats, they will actually load the users profile if assigned. Life saver when getting into the car after my wife drives it and sets it to her profile

Edit: I got beat to the punch on page 1!
Have your wife set her own profile as driver 2 with yours as driver 1. Easy for both of you.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
...embarrassing 🤔 That in turtle mode...my early 80's diesel VW Rabbit was a lot quicker 😂 Actually at dealer now trying to find out why it keeps going into 🐢
Stop saying Soup after activating Alexa.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
These should clear if any door is opened, if not there is a problem with your car.
If someone put the buckle in the wrong seat, you can just briefly open your door.