Embarrassing discoveries?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
it seemed like such an odd decision that far into production…
Not really. Intelligent cruise control offered nothing more than speed sign recognition to the features of Adaptive Cruise Control. It was just a matter of redoing the setting to one location. It's actually a bit more convenient now. Plus with BlueCruise being launched on all model years, it might have made things a bit easier for owners to find the needed setting. Otherwise it was in danger of reading like an IRS form.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
It still felt odd as in not well thought out for exactly the reason you stated. The interface is overly complicated and in the absence of a tactile button that does “X” they created a descent into menu hell. Every time I push a selection on that screen my eyes are off the road for ~2 seconds. Some functions require two selections so that’s 3-4 seconds. And w/o tactile feed back, you’ve got to be damned accurate on your screen tapping. The future is going to evolve this one way or another. I’m not sold on the form over function which is the ultimate irony that was “intelligent cruise”.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It still felt odd as in not well thought out for exactly the reason you stated. The interface is overly complicated and in the absence of a tactile button that does “X” they created a descent into menu hell. Every time I push a selection on that screen my eyes are off the road for ~2 seconds. Some functions require two selections so that’s 3-4 seconds. And w/o tactile feed back, you’ve got to be damned accurate on your screen tapping. The future is going to evolve this one way or another. I’m not sold on the form over function which is the ultimate irony that was “intelligent cruise”.
I wouldn’t use that screen while driving. Make sll your selections while parked and tont touch them again. I set mine 16 months ago and haven’t changed them or even looked at them other than when the BlueCruise OTA arrived. Anything you might want to cancel or activate can be done by buttons on the steering wheel (Lane Keeping Assist etc). If you have any yo ho faster, you can control that on the steering wheel as well. Slower? Same toggle switch.

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
Drive it around here. You'll get dirty looks and flipped off from everyone thinking I'm stealing their coal jobs
This is so ironic in that EVs are run primarily off of coal and methane. EVs actually guarantee coal jobs!

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Congrats! That’s exceptional. You haven’t taken away any coal jobs though. You’re replacing oil, not coal.
My state, which represents 11% of the U.S. population, has only 1 coal fired power plant left.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
My state, which represents 11% of the U.S. population, has only 1 coal fired power plant left.
Similar to Mass, we are a greener grid, and my solar feeds the grid more than I draw, so same here, 7 years of driving sun powered! (well I did DCF fast charge once to test it out and I still feel shame)

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
According to the California Energy Commission, the state imports 30% of its energy from neighboring states. The vast majority of that will be from burning methane and coal. Moreover, half of California's in-state production is from burning methane. So circling back to the original point, California's EV adoption will only help secure coal jobs rather than eliminate them. Methane is the biggest threat to coal.

https://www.energy.ca.gov/data-repo...ty-data/2021-total-system-electric-generation

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
2 things to note-

The block with the eyeball nanny sensors makes a good resting place for your phone to sit and watch something while waiting swimming/gymmastics/ninja to finish. At least until they get entertainment on the main screen.

I was embarrassed to discover I don't know how to stream music over BT- can't find thenoption, outside of wireless android auto (which cooks my phone).

Last edited:

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For the first couple hours after picking up my MME my wife and I were wondering what the hell was wrong with the AC bc all the vents were closed (but we didn't realize it) and the adjustments are kind of hidden behind the infotainment screen. Also I thought they were probaby controlled through the screen and not manually. 🤦‍♂️
For the first couple months we had the car my wife and I thought we had lousy AC,. I made a round trip from San Diego to Phoenix with the vents closed when it was 113 degrees from Dateland to Phoenix! Finally I gave a friend a ride and he said "Why are all of your vents closed?"
Sponsored