Entry Versus Start Pass Codes?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I refuse to learn the one issued to me with the car. And since I can't use PAAK, I can't setup my own. I want to use my own numbers, and not learn another pass code. Once PAAK works, I will use it I'm sure. There have been instances where I have wanted to.
Are you talking about the entrance code? If so, I do believe you can change that without PAAK. Based on the prior comments it seems the only thing you cannot access without PAAK is the backup start password which gets greyed out if you don't have PAAK for some odd reason.
Sponsored

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Are you talking about the entrance code? If so, I do believe you can change that without PAAK. Based on the prior comments it seems the only thing you cannot access without PAAK is the backup start password which gets greyed out if you don't have PAAK for some odd reason.
I have tried time and time again, keeps giving me an error. My wife tried it. We typed in the numbers very slowly, making sure it was right. Will not work. I just assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that it was related to PAAK not being setup. I will give it another try, and take a pic of the error.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Ok, did not work from within the vehicle again. I did not know you could do it from outside on the panel itself. Hit 1, then the original code. Then yours, then 1 again to save it. That worked! All good now.

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
The entry code is a 5 digit code, then there is a backup password for starting the car. Both are setup when you do the paak setup inside the car via the tablet. It's all one process, I believe about 5 steps.

Setting up the phone is probably the hardest part as it depends on the OS if the phone, probably took 5 minutes.

If you don't setup the backup password right away it can be done later in the settings (don't remember which tab, I think it's profiles).
I didn't use FordPass I use either the fob or the 5 digit code, which works great. But I've always liked the Ford key code deal. Fast, nothing to carry. fwiw

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Wondering if anyone has come across this issue..

I had to reset PaaK for both my and wife devices so that I can set up the Backup Start Passcode. Set it up on both profiles. That was a week or so ago, and since I had it set I figured it would stick.

When I get to the car today, backup start passcode isn't there (settings menu asks me to create one, whereas in the past I had the option to create/delete/reset).

Seems the system doesn't preserve the code or the setting, which is rather odd, but not surprising either.
Sponsored