Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACHE-E gt performance
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Again the best way to approach these errors is to unplug, shut off the car, and come back in 15+ minutes. If everything is working normally then it’s just a charging or gear shift fault. If the powertrain fault is still there after a sleep cycle, then it may be a more serious issue.

After driving the car after the fault, send your VIN to me and tell me the aprox date and time of occurrence for more info on your error.
Sponsored

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
IT Management
Country flag
Just encountered this same error. Though it started off while driving this morning as "Service Required Soon" on the dash, followed by an alert in the app during charging that the powertrain malfunctioned. Went to puckup the kids this afternoon, and it came back on and dash and screen went into like a more white theme (gimp mode?). Then the screen went black and rebooted though I was at a stop light and could still drive. Kind of odd, glitchy.

Thus is where it gets weird or perhaps coincidence. I had plans to take the car to the car wash to get the tree sap and mud off the car from the tree nursery over the weekend. Figured might as well since it's still driving fine. I get done with the wash and all is totally fine all the way home, even charged up, still fine. So I wonder if mud got Into something it shouldn't have or a sensor of some kind and is now cleared OR it will just come back again. Either way, I scheduled a service call with a certified electric Ford dealer nearby for next Wednesday. Thankfully they also have a rental available then. I'll let you know how it goes.

Would be curious what everyone's thoughts are so far though. HVBJB starting? I didn't get a high voltage warning at all. Charge port faulted the other day but thought it was from trying to pull it out before pushing the release button, and just finicky. The warning I got though is powertrain malfunction/power reduced. So doubt it's the charge port recall issue, technically that one is a code update I think unless it melted the port, if memory serves.