Fastest Stop Safely Now Ever - 25 feet off of the dealership parking lot after delivery

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Indeed. My hope as well. A Murphy’s law quick fix. Jes sayin. I will update when we have new info next week.
I wouldn’t jump the gun and abandon a car you specifically wanted until you knew all the facts. If the Rivian is meant to be, it will still be there. You said that you had issues when you bought a “GT” previously. Did you mean a Mustang Mach E GT or a Mustang GT (ice)?
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I went to pick up my ice white Mach E today at my local Arizona Ford dealer who I won’t mention because this story is so sad .

when my wife and I arrived at the dealership after waiting 11 months for a specially ordered premium with everything on it in the ice white package it was sitting out front and the dealer asked us if we wanted to take a quick ride before we did the paperwork which I had already worked out online and everything was fantastic I said yes.

My wife drove out of the parking lot. Turned the corner started to accelerate and stop safely now appeared. We were literally 25 feet off of the dealership parking lot.

We went right to the service department

They are currently updating and checking everything out and I’m currently thinking that maybe I might want to buy the used Rivian I just found. 20 K more. 5k miles. Sure glad I didn’t do that virtual signature online.

Jes sayin
As I always say, gotta bring the OBD-II reader with ya whenever getting into a Mach-E…

OP
OP

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Knowing what I know now...I would have shut the car completely off....turned it back on to see if it cleared. My first guess (like others here) would be the a low SOC on the 12V LVB during transit. Letting the car run for like 15 minutes to recharge the LVB would sort that out.
Hopefully correct but I did not own the car yet so they decided to take it and wait for their better tech to come on board Monday. Jes sayin. I bet it needs a charge or is pfft. That tiny battery has always bothered me.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Agree with previous posters that it's probably something simple like a low 12v.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wouldn’t jump the gun and abandon a car you specifically wanted until you knew all the facts. If the Rivian is meant to be, it will still be there. You said that you had issues when you bought a “GT” previously. Did you mean a Mustang Mach E GT or a Mustang GT (ice)?
I believe this is his third Mach e.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
The updated HVBJB seems to be holding up well based on the lack of failure on this forum, so its unlikely the the source of SSN message. Still, sucks that it put such a damper on what should of been an exciting event.

If it turns out to be something simple like a LVB, then I wouldn't hesitate to still pick it up. Remember that it qualify for the fed rebate whereas the rivian wont. And from what I hear, Rivians are also running into teething problems also with their battery and drivetrain.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I went to pick up my ice white Mach E today at my local Arizona Ford dealer who I won’t mention because this story is so sad .

when my wife and I arrived at the dealership after waiting 11 months for a specially ordered premium with everything on it in the ice white package it was sitting out front and the dealer asked us if we wanted to take a quick ride before we did the paperwork which I had already worked out online and everything was fantastic I said yes.

My wife drove out of the parking lot. Turned the corner started to accelerate and stop safely now appeared. We were literally 25 feet off of the dealership parking lot.

They are currently updating and checking everything out and I’m currently thinking that maybe I might want to buy the used Rivian I just found. 20 K more. 5k miles. Sure glad I didn’t do that virtual signature online.

Jes sayin
@ripperAZ This is your 4th MME that you own? are you creating an electric fleet?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

Jes sayin
You’d love the Rivian. Thanks to that truck, the Mach-E is now our backup car 😂

OP
OP

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ripperAZ This is your 4th MME that you own? are you creating an electric fleet?
LOL. Nope. First 2 sold. 3rd one fried@ 25 foot mark 4th GT on the way. Also have a Viet VFast reserved Always buy sell trade cars like a bunny rabbit. It’s my hobby and way to relax. Driving the Rivian today. Verrry pricey.

OP
OP

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe this is his third Mach e.
Yep. 4th on the way next week now rail strike over? Hoping for a merry Christmas with no more failures. Jes sayin

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
LOL. Nope. First 2 sold. 3rd one fried@ 25 foot mark 4th GT on the way. Also have a Viet VFast reserved Always buy sell trade cars like a bunny rabbit. It’s my hobby and way to relax. Driving the Rivian today. Verrry pricey.
Hop on the Rivian Forums. Many good deals. Way better than dealerships.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Jes didn’t say anything in this post? You’re slipping.

OP
OP

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lol kinda of shell shocked. Buying two cars in December Christmas like you see in those TV ads with the big bows on it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. JES SAYIN. This is normally the month when I spend time working on my hot chocolate recipe.

OP
OP

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hop on the Rivian Forums. Many good deals. Way better than dealerships.
Yep. It’s how I found my test drive today. Gotta chip 5k off his price. Working on being charming now ! Jes sayin
Sponsored