KGav8r

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag
Good day all. I’ve been a happy owner for 7 weeks now and absolutely love my MME CR1. This car has all of the features I’ve grown used to over the years, adaptive cruise, auto dimming rear view, heated seats and steering, everything I was used to from my previous semi-luxury brand. My complaint, however, is the lack of power passenger seat on the CR1 trim. What is the likelihood of swapping a powered passenger seat from another trim into mine? It obviously wasn’t a deal breaker, but just a minor annoyance. I’ve got a line on a pretty cheap seat if I want it, but I’d like a little input before I commit. What are some potential challenges, pitfalls, warnings for doing this kind of swap?
Sponsored

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
Potentially void any warranties?

OP
OP

KGav8r

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag
Potentially void any warranties?
A very good point and something I hadn’t considered. I feel that if it’s low impact it won’t be a problem. If I don’t need to add any wiring and I use new mounting hardware, it’s probably something that would go unnoticed. If it is just power to motors, I’m assuming I can find a 12v line to tap into somewhere. That could void warranties. Does anyone have access to wiring diagrams do these vehicles?

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
When you look under passenger seat wire connector there needs to be a white/red trace wire on floor harness and a violet/red wire in seat harness for it to work.

image.jpg

OP
OP

KGav8r

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag
When you look under passenger seat wire connector there needs to be a white/red trace wire on floor harness and a violet/red wire in seat harness for it to work.

image.jpg
Thank you! This is what I needed. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there is a white/red wire in the existing harness. It also looks like I would need to add it to fuse location #45.

The driver side also does not have a white/red wire but that doesn’t mean anything. It does have a brown(or black)/red wire which I suspect may be it since it’s a larger gauge and this does run thru a 30A fuse. Now I need to investigate the possibilities of adding the appropriate wire or swapping out a sub-harness. It would be a bit more challenging than I had expected. I’m still considering this if I can stay below $300 + my own labor of less than a day.

OP
OP

KGav8r

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Feasibility of Seat Swap image
I am trying to understand this diagram a bit. I have some questions.
-I am assuming the Cxxxx numbers are connectors. Are the numbers next to that (10, 11, 1, 27, 30, etc) pin locations?
-If the Cxxxx numbers are, in fact, connectors, does this mean there are 2 harnesses with WHT/RED wires?
-If so, is the C1035A connector attached to the fuse box?

Would it be possible or advised to pull the powered seat wire from the driver side and piggy back the two? I would assume they will only be pulling max current during adjustment which would not be often unless I am missing something that happens on startup.

Thanks in advance.

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Yes each C is the in-line connector and then pin(terminal). Yes you could use the power from driver seat due to both seats not being adjusted at the same time

OP
OP

KGav8r

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag
Awesome! Thank you again. This is gonna be relatively straightforward then.

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Drivers side is different color and powers come from battery junction box under the hood. You can check the other inline connectors for the circuit you need but may have to get power from driver seat. This is the driver side.

image.jpg

OP
OP

KGav8r

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag
I’m getting down to the difficulty of my seat swap which is transferring the upholstery from my existing seat to the new one. This requires disconnecting the airbag sub harness in the seat back from the main seat harness. This makes me nervous. Does the airbag itself have an internal shunt to prevent accidental deployment in this state? Or do I need some other shorting harness to do this? I’m ready to swap, but this is holding me back.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I’m getting down to the difficulty of my seat swap which is transferring the upholstery from my existing seat to the new one. This requires disconnecting the airbag sub harness in the seat back from the main seat harness. This makes me nervous. Does the airbag itself have an internal shunt to prevent accidental deployment in this state? Or do I need some other shorting harness to do this? I’m ready to swap, but this is holding me back.

I pulled my driver's seat ages ago.... you can just disconnect the harness.

I replaced with a NON motorized seat. ;)
Sponsored