Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang ICE GT, 2022 Mach-E GT Perf on order
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I put in an order for a Mach-E GT, but am thinking about changing it to the GT performance. The big hang up is that my wife is on the larger side and is very concerned that the performance seats will not be comfortable. Is there anywhere you know of for OEM or aftermarket seats? I know it would look a bit odd to swap out the passenger seat for one from a Premium, but I'll take odd looking to get magnaride.

Thanks!

Glenn
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I bet your Ford parts department could order you an OEM premium seat. Probably the same bolt pattern and wiring harness and all.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I put in an order for a Mach-E GT, but am thinking about changing it to the GT performance. The big hang up is that my wife is on the larger side and is very concerned that the performance seats will not be comfortable. Is there anywhere you know of for OEM or aftermarket seats? I know it would look a bit odd to swap out the passenger seat for one from a Premium, but I'll take odd looking to get magnaride.

Thanks!

Glenn
Glenn, have you and your wife sat in the GT/PE seats to see what the they're like?

I know Rod mentioned about purchasing a seat from Ford but they don't sell complete seats. You would have to buy it all in separate parts like the track, frame, back and bottom covers, cushion pad, hinges, motors, switches, etc. and would be very expensive like well over $1000. Only way you could get a complete seat is from someone that would be selling one like on eBay or at a wrecking yard.

OP
OP

gbasden

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Glenn, have you and your wife sat in the GT/PE seats to see what the they're like?

I know Rod mentioned about purchasing a seat from Ford but they don't sell complete seats. You would have to buy it all in separate parts like the track, frame, back and bottom covers, cushion pad, hinges, motors, switches, etc. and would be very expensive like well over $1000. Only way you could get a complete seat is from someone that would be selling one like on eBay or at a wrecking yard.
Yeah, the dealer was telling us like 4 grand to get a seat from a premium. I was hoping there were aftermarket seats that were more reasonable, but perhaps taking it to an upholsterer for modifications is the better choice.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My sister is a bit on the large side (well, she's short too). She has ridden in my GT-PE a few times and hasn't complained about the seat being too tight for her. I find that the seat is a little open for me and I am a bit overweight. Too many geese and pheasant down the old pie hole and not enough pup-fu. ??

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It will be really be one of those you wont know until it turns up and you sit in them, but despite the looks in the pictures the GTPE seats are not figure hugging sports seats there is zero bolstering in the places lower down that are needed to hold you in and the side bolsters are not at all aggressive, they are all about style than actual function.

While the seats could do with a few more ways of adjustment (especially at this price point) there is enough that you wife will probably have no problem getting comfy.

One of my friends is on the larger size and there have been no complaints about comfort of the GTPE seats, the recaros in my focus ST and since gone RS on the other hand ?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, the dealer was telling us like 4 grand to get a seat from a premium. I was hoping there were aftermarket seats that were more reasonable, but perhaps taking it to an upholsterer for modifications is the better choice.
Maybe I misunderstood you but have you actually sat in the seat?

OP
OP

gbasden

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Maybe I misunderstood you but have you actually sat in the seat?
No, not yet - the dealer is going to let us know as soon as a PE arrives on the lot that we can sit it before delivery. We did sit in a select and she had no issues with those seats.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, not yet - the dealer is going to let us know as soon as a PE arrives on the lot that we can sit it before delivery. We did sit in a select and she had no issues with those seats.
I was asking because I am going to be in West Sac on Front st. this Friday morning around 8:00 am meeting up with my friend Terrance at his shop. I'll probably be there for about an hour or so if you wanted to stop by, check out the seats and take it for a short drive around the block.

OP
OP

gbasden

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I was asking because I am going to be in West Sac on Front st. this Friday morning around 8:00 am meeting up with my friend Terrance at his shop. I'll probably be there for about an hour or so if you wanted to stop by, check out the seats and take it for a short drive around the block.
That would be super sweet! Thank you!

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That would be super sweet! Thank you!
Signature Wheels
2437 Front Street West Sacramento (industrial area/warehouse)
I should be there around 8:00 am for about an hour.
Sponsored