Feature requests for tablet software and dash

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
If you’re using a 3rd party navigation app, like Waze, can you still use Sync for primary navigation? By that I mean, Sync “knows” and is continuously learning more about the vehicle and how you drive it. It knows the anticipated range and location of charging stations (particularly the ones on the Ford network). Waze would be beneficial for getting the crowd-sourced traffic and other information Sync may not have and making updates to the planned route based on that information, but not as a primary navigation tool.
It would be nice if I can do split-screen navigation with both CarPlay/AA and built-in nav at the same time. I don't think that will happen though.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It would be nice if I can do split-screen navigation with both CarPlay/AA and built-in nav at the same time. I don't think that will happen though.
Yes and no. having both maps would be a bit confusing. Having two separate voices giving you directions (maybe a third from someone in the passenger's seat) can be quite confusing!

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Yes and no. having both maps would be a bit confusing. Having two separate voices giving you directions (maybe a third from someone in the passenger's seat) can be quite confusing!
I do it now with Sync 3 Nav on the screen and Waze on the phone for a second opinion on traffic/route and police/speed cam notifications. This keeps my turn by turn on the right information screen.

Turn by turn voice is already off for both. I only use the tone warning for turns on the Ford Nav.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I do it now with Sync 3 Nav on the screen and Waze on the phone for a second opinion on traffic/route and police/speed cam notifications. This keeps my turn by turn on the right information screen.

Turn by turn voice is already off for both. I only use the tone warning for turns on the Ford Nav.
My wife and I never use voice on the Google map we find it distracting vs having a look once in a while on the phone, my wife always was the navigator on our travel, yes with map prior to electronic nav system, and she's always been good at it, not like me. ;) Sometimes she would still prefer the map has she could see very far away and say here there's picnic area there, let's stop.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes but from what they explained the 3 driving modes don't affect the Regen strength. That was explained in the charging video.
I don‘t think that’s right. Everything I’ve seen says that there are different levels of regen in each drive mode (with 1PD off).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don‘t think that’s right. Everything I’ve seen says that there are different levels of regen in each drive mode (with 1PD off).
While Darren Palmer said no mode is inherently more efficient, he also said Unbridled may encourage more enthusiastic driving, which is less efficient.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
In current Sync 3, CarPlay for sure (and I think Android Auto but don't remember for sure) replace the Nav option, even in cars with Nav. The button on the screen literally gets replaced, "hiding" the native nav solution.

I expect the same would happen here. Maybe someone can find out in one of the tour sessions. I'll put that on one of the question lists.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
In current Sync 3, CarPlay for sure (and I think Android Auto but don't remember for sure) replace the Nav option, even in cars with Nav. The button on the screen literally gets replaced, "hiding" the native nav solution.

I expect the same would happen here. Maybe someone can find out in one of the tour sessions. I'll put that on one of the question lists.
it occurs to me we've been told the main dash will show Android Auto directions in place of nav directions so I bet that answers that in the case of AA at least?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
While Darren Palmer said no mode is inherently more efficient, he also said Unbridled may encourage more enthusiastic driving, which is less efficient.
Right but that doesnt necessarily coincide with the regen, from what i understand, its steering response, acceleration, and the in cabin theme. Actually everytime they talk about the drive modes they emphasize the in cabin more than anything else.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Yes but from what they explained the 3 driving modes don't affect the Regen strength. That was explained in the charging video.
You cannot change the "Strength", but you can change the regen behavior and transfer it if you wish from the accelerator to the brake pedal. When it is mapped to the brake pedal, it is just a more efficient source of regular breaking.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Right, but that doesn’t mean that the modes have the same level of regen.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Right, but that doesn’t mean that the modes have the same level of regen.
Right so right now all we have is 1 pedal mode on off. We don't have an adjustment for the sensitivity of the 1 pedal mode except for turning it off. Thats what should be added. Tesla just took it off and owners are complaining. Ford should put it in.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Right so right now all we have is 1 pedal mode on off. We don't have an adjustment for the sensitivity of the 1 pedal mode except for turning it off. Thats what should be added. Tesla just took it off and owners are complaining. Ford should put it in.
Don't you get different sensitivity levels with the different drive modes?

I would expect that in terms of our Leaf, Whisper would be like Eco mode and Drive, while Unbridled would be like Eco-off and B (similar to L on MME). Of course, that 's a course analogy as steering and other things change and the Mustang will feel little like a Leaf.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
If Ford were to add another option, Mach E will have 3 regen modes. Mach E has two right now.

All brands but Tesla has blended braking (brake pedal mixes regen and brake caliper). On Tesla, the brake pedal is always brake caliper.

Ford has two options: Off and On. Tesla also has two options (before the recent removal): low and standard.
  • With a Ford, the regen strength is the same under the two options, it's just whether that's mapped primarily to the brake pedal, or primarily to the go pedal.
  • With a Tesla, the regen strength actually changes.

On my CMax hybrid (which doesn't have one-pedal feature, so it's like "off"), there is very light regen when I let go both pedals. I can not feel it, but I see icons on the dashboard. I test drove Model 3 once in low regen mode. When I let go both pedals, I think the regen strength is similar to my CMax, or may slightly stronger.
Sponsored