kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
If Ford were to add another option, Mach E will have 3 regen modes. Mach E has two right now.

All brands but Tesla has blended braking (brake pedal mixes regen and brake caliper). On Tesla, the brake pedal is always brake caliper.

Ford has two options: Off and On. Tesla also has two options (before the recent removal): low and standard.
  • With a Ford, the regen strength is the same under the two options, it's just whether that's mapped primarily to the brake pedal, or primarily to the go pedal.
  • With a Tesla, the regen strength actually changes.

On my CMax hybrid (which doesn't have one-pedal feature, so it's like "off"), there is very light regen when I let go both pedals. I can not feel it, but I see icons on the dashboard. I test drove Model 3 once in low regen mode. When I let go both pedals, I think the regen strength is similar to my CMax, or may slightly stronger.
Don't you get different sensitivity levels with the different drive modes?

I would expect that in terms of our Leaf, Whisper would be like Eco mode and Drive, while Unbridled would be like Eco-off and B (similar to L on MME). Of course, that 's a course analogy as steering and other things change and the Mustang will feel little like a Leaf.
According to the videos published by Ford the regen is always on and not adjustable. As explained about whether you are using the 1 pedal or 2 pedal mode the regen is the same, always on. And Palmer said multiple times the drive modes do not affect the drag brake. I think many ppl believed it did which is why it was asked multiple times and everytime he said no. Its for this reason also i felt like the drive modes almost became gimmicky because it seemed to be more of a preset setting to change the interior lighting, dash, and ambient noise because that was what was emphasized by palmer more than anything else. If i have a chance ill try to find it again in the 4 videos. I think even palmer was getting fed up of that question cause he repeated it so many times.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The only thing you can do is mentioned by @RyZt is having it controlled by the brake pedal which uses the the actual brakes or the Drag Brake which is controlled by the accelerator. In reality what i should have said was a drag brake adjustment would be great like we have on the RC cars.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I mixed up the terms its so easy to confuse the regen and drag brake terminology sice they are linked together

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
On that point has we will be able to project our app from our phone to the big screen why would we need to download those app into the MME tablet????
I don't always have my phone with me (sometimes just my Apple watch).

Also, a built-in app would mean I'm not chewing through battery. Plus, I can run my podcast or audiobook app on carplay and have built-in Waze or ABRP on another part of the display.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I used to use waze but by 12pm my phone would be at 10% so it would be great if it was natively built into tablet
This is why the wireless charging pad is handy, though I do agree it would be nice to have a built in app

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its ok because eventually their cars will drive theselves so they dont need to worry about killing themselves when they hit a patch of ice.?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is why the wireless charging pad is handy, though I do agree it would be nice to have a built in app
Its great if it charges at a faster rate than it discharges. We know there is a wireless charger but we dont know how fast itll charge the phone.

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
My feature requests are:

1. Sentry mode camera recording options when parked. Option to save to local or cloud storage that will be overwritten at a certain length/time/size.

2. (Privacy) Toggle Enable/Disable microphone and IR camera when not in use

3. (Privacy) Toggle Location, change from precise location to within 2 miles

4. Options to change the electric vehicle noise pedestrian alert at low speed to 5 choices of sounds including something sounding like a Star Wars speeder or Go-Kart or something fun.

5. Option to change the turn signal pattern to an inverse (sequentially lighting up from inward to outward) of what it is now.

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
4. Options to change the electric vehicle noise pedestrian alert at low speed to 5 choices of sounds including something sounding like a Star Wars speeder or Go-Kart or something fun.

5. Option to change the turn signal pattern to an inverse (sequentially lighting up from inward to outward) of what it is now.
? for #4 and #5!!

The blinkers definitely seem to fade in the wrong direction — inward like they are seems to indicate turning the other direction.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford exposes developer APIs to allow apps to run on the in-car display.

See: https://developer.ford.com
It would be awesome if a developper comes out with an app running on your phone that with the OBDII connection would gives us access to motor(s) temp, battery SoH, battery temp, battery V and A used and many other info projected on the big screen. ?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Don't you get different sensitivity levels with the different drive modes?

I would expect that in terms of our Leaf, Whisper would be like Eco mode and Drive, while Unbridled would be like Eco-off and B (similar to L on MME). Of course, that 's a course analogy as steering and other things change and the Mustang will feel little like a Leaf.
The aggressiveness of regen is different in each drive experience with 1 Pedal turned off. I don't remember if they were different with 1 Pedal turned on......I spent most of that time in Unbridled so I am drawing a blank there....? I didn't even try the "L" setting so I have no input on that yet...

I do know that the dealership is concerned about the 1 Pedal mode defaulting to always on. This is because it was tricky for them to move it around the dealership because the accelerator is so touchy......meaning, the car does not creep like most people are used to. When test drives start...they are concerned that someone is going to get behind the wheel and expect the car to creep and when it doesn't.....they might 'test' the accelerator. These things wake up quick and can catch someone off guard. I suggested to them that they turn off 1 Pedal for all test drive sessions and/or pull the car out to a safe area before letting the public climb behind the wheel.

If you are used to 1 pedal mode.....it's no issue.

So.....if we are looking for an OTA request. I would like to see a DEMO mode that the dealer can enable and override the "1 Pedal Always ON at start up" setting. There could be some other parameters that might be useful to limit as well.....

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Would love a physical switch for hatch. Currently requires moving to a third screen to open from inside the car.

I am always pushing the trunk button just as I exit the car.
Sponsored