Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will for sure ask for the current to be adjustable in the charge menu feature. :)
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I would like to see a DEMO mode that the dealer can enable and override the "1 Pedal Always ON at start up" setting.
1 pedal mode is always on at startup? I thought this was one of the settings that Ford said would be remembered.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
1 pedal mode is always on at startup? I thought this was one of the settings that Ford said would be remembered.
Possibly. That would be nice.
The rep said it defaulted to the on setting but maybe the settings are saved when a profile is set up? I didnt have an opportunity to experiment very much...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Possibly. That would be nice.
The rep said it defaulted to the on setting but maybe the settings are saved when a profile is set up? I didnt have an opportunity to experiment very much...
I think the rep was confused. I remember Darren Palmer saying they went back and forth as to whether or not to have 1 pedal drive enabled by default when the new cars are delivered to customers, and they decided to have it enabled. But he also said that all the drive mode settings would be remembered when the car is restarted.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think the rep was confused. I remember Darren Palmer saying they went back and forth as to whether or not to have 1 pedal drive enabled by default when the new cars are delivered to customers, and they decided to have it enabled. But he also said that all the drive mode settings would be remembered when the car is restarted.
I think they are remembered from your last drive.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Right so right now all we have is 1 pedal mode on off. We don't have an adjustment for the sensitivity of the 1 pedal mode except for turning it off. Thats what should be added. Tesla just took it off and owners are complaining. Ford should put it in.
My kona has different default regen settings based on 3 drive modes, but also has great regen paddles on the steering wheel to change the settings at will, with 4 levels of regen available (including zero). Going down a long grade for example, I prefer to coast, since every electron going back into the battery through regen pays an energy tax.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think they are remembered from your last drive.
Individual profiles can be saved, activated by phone proximity on the driver door side. I can save 1 pedal driving, my wife will always drive like an ICE with Auto Trans - settings that will be saved with her profile, along with seat position.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My kona has different default regen settings based on 3 drive modes, but also has great regen paddles on the steering wheel to change the settings at will, with 4 levels of regen available (including zero). Going down a long grade for example, I prefer to coast, since every electron going back into the battery through regen pays an energy tax.
Yeah, that's one thing I'm going to miss from my Outlander PHEV. I use the paddles to adjust regen all the time. I've I'm coming up on a red light, I go to max regen, then if the light turns green I switch back to coasting. Though this will probably be less important with the Mach-E. I try to get every last electron I can out of the PHEV since it only has about 25 miles of electric range.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I want to set max L2 charge to 97% or similar number so I can be at 99% when I get to the bottom of my hill.

I want to turn off passenger climate control when I am the only occupant (90% of the time). I am not talking about being able to close vents, I am talking about turning the dual climate passenger zone to None or Off. Saves energy!!

I want to be able to set Max Charge % in general - 90% for example for any DCFC. Right now, that setting must be done for each and every charge location you might use. Anyone want to waste a couple of hours setting those up by location?

Be able to set temporary turn signal length to longer - I like to give plenty of warning to other drivers when switching lanes even though no other driver returns the favor. 3 blinks is not enough, more like 6 or 7 works so much better.

Be able to change driver display parameters such as mi/kWh trip or mi/kWh since last charge or mi/kWh forever.

Provide quick steer wheel controls for regen amount.

I presently have all of the above features in my 18 month old Kona Electric. Seriously, the Kona is so well thought out, I don't want to feel like the Mach-E is a step backwards. If the Team Edison looked carefully at the Kona, they could add a lot of features that have become habitual and desirable to me.

It would be awesome if a developer comes out with an app running on your phone that with the OBDII connection would gives us access to motor(s) temp, battery SoH, battery temp, battery V and A used and many other info projected on the big screen. ?
Yes! Yes! Yes! I worked with ScanGage on my Kona to develop exactly those parameters for continuous display - great to see current in/out, as well as actual charging current going into the battery (Battery A goes negative during regen and charging, so same parameter as drive current which is positive value). I have found a couple of DCFC stations that lie! 100 kW charge station that provides 54 kW only, but I pay at the 75 kW rate. Very expensive charging and I never go back there.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Yeah, that's one thing I'm going to miss from my Outlander PHEV. I use the paddles to adjust regen all the time. I've I'm coming up on a red light, I go to max regen, then if the light turns green I switch back to coasting. Though this will probably be less important with the Mach-E. I try to get every last electron I can out of the PHEV since it only has about 25 miles of electric range.
Because the Mach-E has blended brakes I am not sure there is any benefit to that. Come up to a red light and press the brake pedal -- energy is recaptured w/o using friction brakes. Or you could use 1-pedal driving to achieve the same thing.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Because the Mach-E has blended brakes I am not sure there is any benefit to that. Come up to a red light and press the brake pedal -- energy is recaptured w/o using friction brakes. Or you could use 1-pedal driving to achieve the same thing.
It might use the brakes in either scenario. It applies regen first, and then applies friction brakes if needed. But I don't think we'll have any manual control over that blending.

My Outlander has blended brakes as well, but only if you press the brake pedal. Sometimes I only want regen without any friction brakes. I can do that by cranking up the regen level with the paddles and lifting my foot off the accelerator. It remains to be seen how much regen the Mach-E will apply before engaging the friction brakes.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It might use the brakes in either scenario. It applies regen first, and then applies friction brakes if needed. But I don't think we'll have any manual control over that blending.

My Outlander has blended brakes as well, but only if you press the brake pedal. Sometimes I only want regen without any friction brakes. I can do that by cranking up the regen level with the paddles and lifting my foot off the accelerator. It remains to be seen how much regen the Mach-E will apply before engaging the friction brakes.
My guess is a lot. In the C-Max, it basically regens as much as the battery will take before blending in friction. In one-pedal mode for example, it will regen before you even take your foot completely off the go pedal.

I highly suspect that paddles are not needed in the MME as there wouldn't be any advantage. Can't wait to drive one and find out.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My guess is a lot.
I suspect you're right. They should be able to get a lot of regen out of the large motors and battery capacity. But that brings up another question that I hadn't thought of until now. Will we be able to tell when the Mach-E is using regen? In my Outlander, there's a power gauge that goes negative when it's regenerative braking and there's also a graphic on the center screen that shows power flowing back into the battery. Has anyone seen similar indicators or screens in the Mach-E? I don't recall seeing them.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspect you're right. They should be able to get a lot of regen out of the large motors and battery capacity. But that brings up another question that I hadn't thought of until now. Will we be able to tell when the Mach-E is using regen? In my Outlander, there's a power gauge that goes negative when it's regenerative braking and there's also a graphic on the center screen that shows power flowing back into the battery. Has anyone seen similar indicators or screens in the Mach-E? I don't recall seeing them.
I haven't, but my time in the MME has been stationary only. My C-Max has a neat graphic showing direction of power to batteries when regen. Also gives you a score of how much captured when stopping. EV's are less interesting than hybrids because there are less components.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I haven't, but my time in the MME has been stationary only. My C-Max has a neat graphic showing direction of power to batteries when regen. Also gives you a score of how much captured when stopping. EV's are less interesting than hybrids because there are less components.
Yeah, on a CMax, when you come to full stop, instrument cluster shows a score (which I interpret as what percentage of deceleration was achieved through regeneration).
Sponsored