Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I suspect you're right. They should be able to get a lot of regen out of the large motors and battery capacity. But that brings up another question that I hadn't thought of until now. Will we be able to tell when the Mach-E is using regen? In my Outlander, there's a power gauge that goes negative when it's regenerative braking and there's also a graphic on the center screen that shows power flowing back into the battery. Has anyone seen similar indicators or screens in the Mach-E? I don't recall seeing them.
That's a good question for someone to check on during a ride-along.
Sponsored

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would be awesome if a developper comes out with an app running on your phone that with the OBDII connection would gives us access to motor(s) temp, battery SoH, battery temp, battery V and A used and many other info projected on the big screen. ?
Yeah, it'll be great tapping into the data. On the Tesla, we have to plug into the CAN bus and use the Bluetooth OBD adapter to pull the info. Luckily a bunch of software developers designed an app. I've been able to get a lot of good information from it. Hope someone does the same for the Mach-E.

20201124_153428.jpg

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Watching some of the reviews for the nav and having played with it for 5 minutes myself, I think the selection of chargers can be improved. They have the ability to select "DCFC only" to weed out the L2 chargers, but when I mapped out a route I've previously mapped out with ABRP the Ford Nav was picking 50kw chargers when 150kw chargers were also available. They either need the AI to have more bias toward faster DCFC, or at least the ability to select a minimum power level. Otherwise I'm going to use ABRP and put my own waypoints into the Nav.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Watching some of the reviews for the nav and having played with it for 5 minutes myself, I think the selection of chargers can be improved. They have the ability to select "DCFC only" to weed out the L2 chargers, but when I mapped out a route I've previously mapped out with ABRP the Ford Nav was picking 50kw chargers when 150kw chargers were also available. They either need the AI to have more bias toward faster DCFC, or at least the ability to select a minimum power level. Otherwise I'm going to use ABRP and put my own waypoints into the Nav.
I wholeheartedly agree with that. I'm really hoping that a lot of the charging specific functionality of the software will get better quickly. Unrelated to the mapping, but It also occurred to me that maybe the reason that we can't limit the charging speed of the car is related to the fact that it doesn't actually display the charging speed. It would be kinda weird to be able to set a limit but not actually be able to tell if it's honoring the limit. A lot of level 2 chargers, in particular, don't tell you the charging speed (Like Tesla destination chargers, Grizzl-E, etc.). If you plug into one of those, you might be getting 10kW, or you might be getting 3kW. The only clue you'll have is the estimated time to charge.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
There was a tweet that showed Carplay on half the screen and some Sync 4a panels beneath it. Feasibly you should be able to launch Waze on your Carplay or Android Auto on the top half then have Ford specific stuff on the bottom. (though admittedly I don't understand the ABPR acronym so this might not fully answer it)
I saw the Waze app on the car screen, but I'm not sure if when selected it's pulling the data from your phone or not. I'm still confused.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I’d like to have more information about my charging session during DCFC.
I'd like to be able to pick my own custom drive mode such as the engage screen on the front cluster, unbridled throttle response and whisper steering.
I'd like to have a park mode where the cameras record motion around the car.
I'd like to have snow/ice mode where the engines are even for the first 150hp and for regen.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Not sure if I have said this but I would like to steam video to play on the large screen from iPhone when stationary.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I saw the Waze app on the car screen, but I'm not sure if when selected it's pulling the data from your phone or not. I'm still confused.
Although CarPlay and Android Auto do not interoperate with each other, and the supported display resolutions are different (CarPlay supports output in 800x480, 960x540, 1280x720, and 1920x720, Android Auto supports output in 800x480, 1280x720, and 1920x1080), the way they function are similar: when a compatible app is running on the phone, the phone encodes the app's display into an h.264 video stream, and send it along with an audio stream (CarPlay sends PCM when running over USB, or AAC-LC when running over Wi-Fi, per Apple's specifications; Android Auto sends PCM audio regardless of the underlying transport, I have not been able to find the official specs from Google regarding the audio CODEC over Wifi, but according a developer with extensive Android Auto experience it is PCM). The vehicle's touchscreen simply displays the video, and sends any touch input back to the phone for processing.

jojykk28

First Name
jojy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Red AWD SR
Country flag
How can i send my suggestions or feature request to Ford?

1) Have an option for carwash mode (turn off sensors, wipers and other features)
2) Have eheat and internal settings on the main screen.
3) See the break regen happening on the front console and also the ability to control the ability of regen
4) Open trunk and frunk on top menu bar next to temperature.
5) Download driving and charging logs
6) Open up more of the battery to get a better range.
Sponsored

Last edited: