First Edition First Impressions

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E FE, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Country flag
So a little background. I was initially going to buy the Ford Bronco but ended up switching to a Mach E. So I didn't get a pre order in until Dec 2020. I was moving down to the Maryland area last Wed so I put my pre order down here. I received my build date of May a few weeks ago. I received a phone call from the dealer on Tuesday night that someone cancelled their order for a first edition that was the same color as my order if I wanted to take a look at it. So I drove down early Wed morning straight to the dealership and bought it. It was the first one sold out of the Annapolis area so I'm not sure how many Mach E's are in this area as of now.

The car has been great so far. There was some difficulty getting the ford pass app and PAAK set up, I think partially because the dealership had never done it before. Also wireless android auto took me a bit to figure out because I didn't realize it was transmitted through wifi hotspot and not Bluetooth. PAAK sometimes takes a few extra seconds to recognize than if I was just using the key so hopefully that improves with future updates. I feel like my car has worse range anxiety than I do. Even after resetting it, the mileage it predicts is very conservative and I typically get 30-40 more miles (estimated) than it predicts. But I'm sure it will continue learning my driving habits as time goes on.

Overall the driving experience has been awesome though. Turns a lot of heads but I've noticed the majority are from other EV owners and also Gas powered Mustang owners.

Here is a picture of the Mach-E
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition First Impressions Mach-E

And also as a bonus, here is my 2017 Mustang GT. I was initially considering trading it in towards the Mach E but then I thought why not both?

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition First Impressions Mustan

The GT is stored in a garage right now, but soon I will have to do a photo shoot with both Mustangs.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Both look great and congratulations.

The range will continue to improve. As long as you're getting 3.1 kWh, you'll make it to 270 miles at 100%. Regenerative breaking helps. Also depends on weather and city versus hwy driving.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Yes I've got a. Bronco FE ordered and we picked up our MachE FE Tuesday. If I go through with the Bronco I'll have to sell my Platinum F150 so we'll see. I rhink I'd miss the Trucks bed so not sure.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
A week ago I would have offered to "garage" your ice mustang. Not now, the new one is lots of fun.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
So First Impression of FE.
The $36-3700 price Premium doesn't correlate to add-ons.

Metal acceleration and brake pedals, Red Calipers, FE scuff plates on either front door openings, painted Wheel lip moulding.

Should have had a Graphic on the Grille, ala Bronco FE. Two key Fobs and numbered and sign vehicle Plaque:
We only have 176 miles and we absolutely are glad we waited.

We can tell it sat outside for sometime between production and delivery and needs a real detail, including polish, but we can handle that.

Last edited:

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

Metal acceleration and brake pedals, Red Calipers, FE scuff plates on either front door openings, painted Wheel lip moulding.

Should have had a Graphic on the Grille, ala Bronco FE. Two key Fobs and numbered and sign vehicle Plaque:
We only have 176 miles obit
You also have red calipers, matching headliner, red/blue stitching throughout, and hopefully a 3D printed mustang for your shelf / desk.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So a little background. I was initially going to buy the Ford Bronco but ended up switching to a Mach E. So I didn't get a pre order in until Dec 2020. I was moving down to the Maryland area last Wed so I put my pre order down here. I received my build date of May a few weeks ago. I received a phone call from the dealer on Tuesday night that someone cancelled their order for a first edition that was the same color as my order if I wanted to take a look at it. So I drove down early Wed morning straight to the dealership and bought it. It was the first one sold out of the Annapolis area so I'm not sure how many Mach E's are in this area as of now.

The car has been great so far. There was some difficulty getting the ford pass app and PAAK set up, I think partially because the dealership had never done it before. Also wireless android auto took me a bit to figure out because I didn't realize it was transmitted through wifi hotspot and not Bluetooth. PAAK sometimes takes a few extra seconds to recognize than if I was just using the key so hopefully that improves with future updates. I feel like my car has worse range anxiety than I do. Even after resetting it, the mileage it predicts is very conservative and I typically get 30-40 more miles (estimated) than it predicts. But I'm sure it will continue learning my driving habits as time goes on.

Overall the driving experience has been awesome though. Turns a lot of heads but I've noticed the majority are from other EV owners and also Gas powered Mustang owners.

Here is a picture of the Mach-E

And also as a bonus, here is my 2017 Mustang GT. I was initially considering trading it in towards the Mach E but then I thought why not both?

The GT is stored in a garage right now, but soon I will have to do a photo shoot with both Mustangs.
I personally love seeing a current Mustang owner purchase a Mustang EV.

Congrats!!

Love both colors!

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You also have red calipers, matching headliner, red/blue stitching throughout, and hopefully a 3D printed mustang for your shelf / desk.
Let's be honest, the 3D printed pony just puts it over the top. While I would have loved to pay less I agree the add-ons are what really make the FE stand out!

In the loaner PE I had for a week, the headliner was grey (looked grey to me) and I didn't like it as much. The all black is awesome, I didn't even know this until a week before delivery.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition First Impressions tempImageLj8Jtb

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Just my personal opinion - unless you want the grabber blue paint, I don't think the FE's other "upgrades" are worth $3,600. I'm sure someone will be hawking their fractal pony on this forum or ebay soon enough if you really want that. Contrast stitching? Matching headliner? I don't get it. If it had different wheels or something, I could see that. But man that grabber blue....

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just my personal opinion - unless you want the grabber blue paint, I don't think the FE's other "upgrades" are worth $3,600. I'm sure someone will be hawking their fractal pony on this forum or ebay soon enough if you really want that. Contrast stitching? Matching headliner? I don't get it. If it had different wheels or something, I could see that. But man that grabber blue....
Totally entitled to your opinion. Everything you mentioned was important to me, but GB was never a consideration for me. What it all boils down to is personal preferences. As for my fractal pony, I will never put it on eBay. I'm sure one of my kids will someday when it's a collector's item and I'm somewhere that I will no longer care or have control over the decision. ☠☠☠

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
All personal preference. There was not as dramatic a difference in price when most of us ordered and very hard to switch afterwards. I prefer the esthetic looks of the FE (inside & out) and mine is Carbonized Gray. My wife didn't like the GB or RR. Ultimately, my choice and I love the color. I think it shows off the lines of the car better than most other colors. Additionally, "driving while black" is a reality for me and I don't need to stand out anymore than I or "Smoke" already do.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
All personal preference. There was not as dramatic a difference in price when most of us ordered and very hard to switch afterwards. I prefer the esthetic looks of the FE (inside & out) and mine is Carbonized Gray. My wife didn't like the GB or RR. Ultimately, my choice and I love the color. I think it shows off the lines of the car better than most other colors. Additionally, "driving while black" is a reality for me and I don't need to stand out anymore than I or "Smoke" already do.
100% on this one. Difference in price vs the original Premium price was smaller and the add ons were more justifiable. But I love the red accents and as @KAustin noted, the significant other felt that the RR and GB were too flashy and conspicuous.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I agree that is is all personal preference (and I guess affordability), no performance/functionality gains.

The only MME color that excited me was GB, so I was willing to pay extra for it via Mach Drop. If the extra cost had pushed me up over the 60K limit for my state incentive, that probably would have been enough to make me keep my original gray PE.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Hey hey...not jealous at all that those of us who pre-ordered much earlier than you in Maryland are still awaiting their car to be shipped. Nope. Not jealous AT ALL...

Nope. not one bit. Wish my dealer had some go unclaimed!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition First Impressions lucky
Sponsored