COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Are there any first responder/emergency services folks with blue lights in/on their Mach-E? I know there are OBD options for trucks, like Z Flash or Speedy Turtle. Wondering if there’s any experience with those products here in the forum. If not, will take recs on blue lights or anything else that works well when responding to calls.
Sponsored

OP
OP
COACH CHRIS

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Nope, unfortunately. I could direct wire some Fenix lightbars which is OK I guess, but would've loved something a bit more integrated to go along with them.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Are there any first responder/emergency services folks with blue lights in/on their Mach-E? I know there are OBD options for trucks, like Z Flash or Speedy Turtle. Wondering if there’s any experience with those products here in the forum. If not, will take recs on blue lights or anything else that works well when responding to calls.

I would contact one of the Police depts that are using MME as cruisers.
Probably not too hard to put some lights in/on front grill, and power from available circuit in the fusebox, running a switch thru firewall maybe by your knee? It would be a full day project to pull the Frunk Tub, etc.... but fun!

If you want a light bar on top, I think Thule now has feet available

Or, you could for for a SeeSucker suction rack on top to use when needed.

oohhhhh, or interior visor mount
https://www.extremetacticaldynamics...led-visor-light-bar-with-2-pair-elemental-4/?

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
We are currently working with a couple of vendors for the upfit of emergency lights and sirens on 2 Mach-EGT that we have purchased/ordered for Law Enforcement use. A surrounding jurisdiction has a Telsa in service as a Law Enforcement Vehicle that they have looked at for ideas as well. The manufactures that do that light kits and upfits for Law Enforcement are coming up with all kinds of cool ideas for electric vehicles.

I will try to update this thread in the next couple of months as we get closer to taking delivery of the car.

Jim_In_Mass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I would contact one of the Police depts that are using MME as cruisers.
The Topsfield (MA) police had a Mach-E at the fair - they had installed some lights, but might not be quite what folks are looking for.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Responder/Emergency Lights Topsfield-MachE

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
The Topsfield (MA) police had a Mach-E at the fair - they had installed some lights, but might not be quite what folks are looking for.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Responder/Emergency Lights Topsfield-MachE
Nice! I see the lights in the front of the car under the headlights and visor area. We are looking at putting lights in those areas as well as rope style led lights on the side under both door areas and a full light kit the rear area under the deck/spoiler lid. I have seen a few of the proposed lights that we are thinking about using, I have just not seen lights any on the vehicles as of yet. We definitely will not be using an overhead light bar that you see on most police cars.