Ford Connected Charge Station Questions

EWJNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD ordered
Country flag
Two questions: 1) Is it necessary to have a Mach-e to set up the Ford Connected Charge Station? Apparently, the FordPass app is and the Setup App, too. 2) Without a Mach-e vehicle is it possible to charge non-Ford EV?
Sponsored

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Return question: did you consider any of the other EVSE's out there?

OP
OP

EWJNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD ordered
Country flag
At the time of my Mach-e order, it was offered as a special. The advice then was to get it installed quickly because there were few electricians available. The features are similar to other EVSE's I have since seen reviewed and the quality appears good.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I highly recommend avoiding this charger. Get a ChargePoint, Grizzle or other mainstream unit. The ford one is not good. Search my posts. Metering is terrible, no utility cost integration., no charts and graphs, no real-time reporting, scheduling may or may not work, no utility time of use integration, setup can be a mess…no real app to control the functions. Go with something else.. it’s NOT worth it.

I got mine for free via rebate when I got my Mach E. That’s the only way it’s worth it. If ford would invest in the app and give the functions the European manufacturer gives in Europe, it would be a lot better.

I have both, this and a ChargePoint home. My CP gets used 99% of the time. This just lights up my garage with it’s blue light.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
I have the Ford Connected Charger. Has worked flawlessly. True, it doesn't provide all the metrics of some other EVSEs, but while having them might be interesting, they don't matter much from a practical standpoint.

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
At the time of my Mach-e order, it was offered as a special. The advice then was to get it installed quickly because there were few electricians available. The features are similar to other EVSE's I have since seen reviewed and the quality appears good.
I had a charger that I got for my Chevy Bolt in 2017. When I sold the Bolt I sold the charger with it and bought the Ford Charger. The Ford Charger works very well and I upgraded the breaker/wiring so I can charge at its maximum rate. Fordpass integrates well with the Ford Charger. I can schedule my charging in Fordpass and it recognizes my utility - so I recommend it!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I share some of Norm's concerns, but also some of the items he mentioned are addressed within the vehicle and don't need duplicative handling in the EVSE.

I'm satisfied with the Connected Charge Station. It gets the important job done (EV power supply) reliably.

The ChargePoint Home Flex is a better option in most cases, but it wasn't available when I needed it and it would have cost more than the FCCS in my situation.
Sponsored