Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Good morning,

I tried contacting ford but as usual they suck!
On Monday I installed charger and setup was easyconnected to my Wi-Fi no problem. Fast forward to this am my Mach was charged to 100 but I have it set to 90%.
I checked the ford pass app and this is what it shows. See pic
Figured out it’s disconnected from Wi-Fi so it’s not communicating with FordPass. I tried running the setup again through the ford charge station setup app but it won’t connect to Bluetooth… any ideas how to reset charger to make it go back to pairing mode?

B6F68034-DCCB-4C89-8DE4-276542D63D2D.png
Sponsored

OP
OP

jRedondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Here is what I get in the setup app

FA205205-27D1-4AA8-8EA1-665765D9536E.jpeg

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
When I buy any tech product, I think about support. Where will I get it from? The company? The public (i.e. forum, websites)?

That, if no other reason, is exactly why to NOT purchase the Ford Connected Charge Station.

Sorry you're having issues. The vehicle should be set to your 90% (in the vehicle, not the app), and therefore it should never go past that if it knows it's at home.

OP
OP

jRedondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
When I buy any tech product, I think about support. Where will I get it from? The company? The public (i.e. forum, websites)?

That, if no other reason, is exactly why to NOT purchase the Ford Connected Charge Station.

Sorry you're having issues. The vehicle should be set to your 90% (in the vehicle, not the app), and therefore it should never go past that if it knows it's at home.
Car is set At 90%

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car is set At 90%
Except it's not.

Yes, it may be set at 90%, when it recognizes it's "HOME".

So, either you have it set to "charge when plugged in", which people have pointed out will go to 100%, OR it doesn't think it's home, and is charging to 100%.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Charge station is not the reason your car charged to 100% instead of 90%... Charge stop is controlled by the car. Ford's charge station doesn't have any features for setting minimum/maximum charge levels, only the vehicle does.

Regarding the Bluetooth pairing, I have this issue on mine too. I usually am able to get past this if I turn off Bluetooth on my phone, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on.

Then I force close the charge station setup, reopen it and try again. I need to be standing fairly close by (within 20 feet or so) or I'll continue to have connection issues.

Barring that, you can reset connectivity on the station side by turning the circuit breaker off, wait 10 secs, back on, wait a few minutes.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The FCCS doesn't control the amount of charge on the car ... that's controlled by the car and "location" and the location is fuzzy ... it only has to be within something like 100 meters of the GPS location. It is tied to GPS position fix ... not the physical station.

As for Bluetooth & WiFi ... do you know what software version is on your FCCS? It should be at least 1.2.1 or newer. Unfortunately you have to run the setup app to get it to report the version. They are supposed to make that info show up in FordPass but last I checked the developers haven't done that yet.

OP
OP

jRedondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Except it's not.

Yes, it may be set at 90%, when it recognizes it's "HOME".

So, either you have it set to "charge when plugged in", which people have pointed out will go to 100%, OR it doesn't think it's home, and is charging to 100%.
charge when plugged in is enabled. I will turn that off now. I would still like to know if there is a way to reset the charger to factory?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have no idea, but the "charge when plugged in" is why you charged to 100%.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
charge when plugged in is enabled. I will turn that off now. I would still like to know if there is a way to reset the charger to factory?
You can reset to factory settings through the Ford Charge Station Setup app... You just have to get past the hurdle of getting the app and station to communicate nicely with each other.

OP
OP

jRedondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
You can reset to factory settings through the Ford Charge Station Setup app... You just have to get past the hurdle of getting the app and station to communicate nicely with each other.
Geez that’s the problem it won’t communicate :(

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Geez that’s the problem it won’t communicate :(
It will. Gotta be patient... Try the tips I posted earlier today:

Regarding the Bluetooth pairing, I have this issue on mine too. I usually am able to get past this if I turn off Bluetooth on my phone, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on.

Then I force close the charge station setup, reopen it and try again. I need to be standing fairly close by (within 20 feet or so) or I'll continue to have connection issues.

Barring that, you can reset connectivity on the station side by turning the circuit breaker off, wait 10 secs, back on, wait a few minutes.
Sponsored