Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
And it looks like there STILL isn't any real-time charging info on my screen (at least using L2 charger). Only Ford software engineers can give me TWO 'charging' screen options, and neither one actually shows my charging speed.

Ford software engineers suck.
Weird, not even in Ford Pass when you tap on Details when charging? Are you out of cellular range when you charge? It's all updated in the cloud.
Sponsored

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
And it looks like there STILL isn't any real-time charging info on my screen (at least using L2 charger). Only Ford software engineers can give me TWO 'charging' screen options, and neither one actually shows my charging speed.

Ford software engineers suck.
well, it isn't like they require you to plug in and charge at a location before you can add it to your car's charge locations... oh wait, getting new information... nevermind, they did require that. 😏 they at least let you edit the radius around the GPS location of charging locations so that when the car's GPS says it is just outside the boundary it isn't charging to 100%, right? oh, no? ok, you're right they do suck. 😎

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Weird, not even in Ford Pass when you tap on Details when charging? Are you out of cellular range when you charge? It's all updated in the cloud.
LOL periodically, my fordpass won't show ANY charge information. i first noticed it last month over night when i wanted to push it to 100% for the next day; had to go out to the car to do it. now it hasn't shown any in session charging info (level 2 or DCFC) in fordpass in 3-4 days despite many charging sessions. no new charging sessions for 11 days in the charge log either.

it isn't specific to my phone (pixel 7) since the problem is also simultaneously apparent on my ipad. it's a cloud problem.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I'm referring to the screen in the vehicle, not Fordpass on my phone.

Ford is so dumb, they will do the following with my charging speed info:

Vehicle->cell network->Ford servers->cell network->phone

But WON'T do:

Vehicle->Goddamn giant screen in the vehicle

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
I don't understand Ford's approach here. Way too many steps. If traveling and you want to ensure the battery is prepared to charge, then the charger needs to be selected @20 min. prior to charging so selecting the charger from the navigation system is the best option, plus the navigation system will direct to the selected charger. I did not see that navigation is part of Charge Assist. Plus, I agree with AZBill that Charge Assist should be integrated into the Plug and Charge functionality.
The linked videos focus on fleet charging not individual charging so they do not help me to understand how to use Charge Assist as an individual. OK, perhaps I just need to use it a couple of times to understand how it works, i.e. demystify it in my mind. But...based on the announcement I'm not convinced this is a helpful feature. I'm open to be convinced.
I need to correct the metric I mentioned, based upon rereading the update. Charger needs to be selected w/in 20 miles not 20 min. Apologies.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm referring to the screen in the vehicle, not Fordpass on my phone.

Ford is so dumb, they will do the following with my charging speed info:

Vehicle->cell network->Ford servers->cell network->phone

But WON'T do:

Vehicle->Goddamn giant screen in the vehicle
yeah, it's definitely a weird omission
Sponsored