Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Thanks . That is where I will buy. The other sites want $30.00 for storage bag.
Weird, it should be included in the OEM Ford box that it's shipped in. It doesn't state that it's included but it comes wrapped inside of it.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got this today and decided to give it a try. Costs about $310 shipped. It comes in a carrying/storage bag and has logos/writing on all sides. Not bad to be used when charging outside or inside if you want to cover indoors. Note: I had to fold the mirrors out because it didn't fit well the other way.

Edit: Probably not a great idea to charge with the cover on. Definitely stops the flow of air, which is a good thing I was keeping an eye on it. Even allowing the air to flow in the front will still throw the hot air back into the cover, which probably won't be good either...

Screenshot_20210615-170935_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210615-170939_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210615-170946_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210615-170952_Photos.jpg

20210615_170501.jpg

Awesome I like it .. what is the part number for this? Is this a all weather cover?

OP
OP
Mach-Tony

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Awesome I like it .. what is the part number for this? Is this a all weather cover?
Part number VMJ8Z-19A412-A. There's not much of a description for these and not many images that I could see when I bought it. The link where I got mine is in a previous post.

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I bought this cover after having to take the car in for service (powertrain detected fault in HV system), thinking I need some extra protection. I don't have a garage nor trees for shade, so it sits in the sun almost all day. The cover was already in a small duffle bag.

So far, it's been great. We covered the car since we wouldn't be going anywhere until around 6pm. When we removed the cover and sat it the car, we were able to do so without feeling like we were in a sauna, which is really impressive since it was a balmy 97° day in Houston.

I'm not confident about plugging it in while covered, partially because the website says not to. But it's very easy to simply lift the front to uncover the vents. And it says it helps ventilate heat, so I imagine if the car vents heat anywhere, it shouldn't be an issue. I am just not ready to test my theories, especially because I just got it back after having a battery module replaced.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Car Cover Fit Test Cover Disclaimer

Whoever designed this cover wasn't talking to the engineers, it's almost comical. There is no point in having charging port access if you can't charge the car.

Personally, I would modify the cover by cutting a rectangular hole in front of the grille shutters and sew in some polyester mesh for the air intake.

I would not charge at all with the grille covered. You might feel some air blowing out but that doesn't necessarily mean you're getting much through the radiator, so it could overheat.

QuRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME RWD/ER (Space White)
Country flag
Part number VMJ8Z-19A412-A. ... The link where I got mine is in a previous post.
Does anyone know of a seller of these who ships internationally?

None of the ones Google spits out when I enter the part number do.

linellidm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Country flag
Apparently in the new model they put a net on the front wheel so it allows the car to ventilate
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Car Cover Fit Test 1691973939156

Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
Can anyone tell me what this is like when it rains? It doesn't seem to be water proof, right? So it gets soaking wet, but then you just leave it on and let it dry on the car? The moisture is not a problem for the car?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can anyone tell me what this is like when it rains? It doesn't seem to be water proof, right? So it gets soaking wet, but then you just leave it on and let it dry on the car? The moisture is not a problem for the car?
Old original version no screen still working fine. It is water resistant (rubbery) at least. It is sitting out there in the rain today with it on. Sits in the rain with it on all the time. Cover comes off with car dry, not much dust and no sap, leaves, needles etc. It is nice when you can let it dry while on but not required. I may battery leaf blow the puddles off before removing when wet but it getting wet has been no problem. Does not work through winter with freezing temps as it will stick. Possibly condensation between?

Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
Old original version no screen still working fine. It is water resistant (rubbery) at least. It is sitting out there in the rain today with it on. Sits in the rain with it on all the time. Cover comes off with car dry, not much dust and no sap, leaves, needles etc. It is nice when you can let it dry while on but not required. I may battery leaf blow the puddles off before removing when wet but it getting wet has been no problem. Does not work through winter with freezing temps as it will stick. Possibly condensation between?
Weird, that's interesting.
So I have to confess that I actually have the cover - however, the new version. Just bought it two weeks ago and earlier this morning was the first time the cover was on the car while it was raining. I'm saying "confess", because instead of asking here in the forum, I should have just gone outside and check on my car and I would have had my answer. ...because surprisingly the car+cover are already dry.

The new version of the cover seems to be very different from what you're describing. There is basically 0 rain protection. Even with only a slight rain, the car will get wet. What I found out however since I asked that question an hour ago - because I just went outside: It also dries extremely fast. Stopped raining about 4 hours ago and the streets are still wet right now, but the cover is already completely dry. So actually, nothing to worry about in terms of moisture.. and I really should have just checked on the car before posting here in the forum lol.

Weird though that apparently they are using an entirely different material for the new version of the cover.
Sponsored

Last edited: