Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
At least EV is in a full competition market there. Ford is spoiled in US. I don’t care what software they put in the Chinese version but I do care Ford should be fair to all their customers. They are not forced to provide the hardware upgrade in China. But we are forced to accept a higher price with worse product.
Yes, as much competition as the CCP will allow, with the competitors the CCP will allow. If you think you’re being “forced” to accept anything, go have a conversation with your friendly neighborhood party functionary about that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Platino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is there any way that we can make ford hear our voice?

WildHairZero

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid, Ordered 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'll be happy to pay for the chip upgrade if it works on already built US based cars. This is exactly the move that I was hoping that Ford would make. Older Teslas can get their CPUs upgrade. I want my MME to be eligible for upgrades too!
This isn't true anymore and was only true for the VERY early S models that were offered a $2,500 MCU upgrade so they could support Autopilot. This type of upgrade has never been offered since.

When Tesla switched the 3 series from Intel to AMD at the start of the year, that swap lead to a 50% performance boost for the OS and apps. Tesla was asked at that time if they would allow folks to "upgrade" their older 3's and the answer was a resounding, NO.

C Hill

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla M3, 22 MME Prem SR, 23 Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This isn't true anymore and was only true for the VERY early S models that were offered a $2,500 MCU upgrade so they could support Autopilot. This type of upgrade has never been offered since.

When Tesla switched the 3 series from Intel to AMD at the start of the year, that swap lead to a 50% performance boost for the OS and apps. Tesla was asked at that time if they would allow folks to "upgrade" their older 3's and the answer was a resounding, NO.
Not sure if this applies- my 2018 M3 was upgraded to a new CPU for free. It was back in 2020 though and I paid for FSD when I ordered.

I wish Ford would do the same for the Active Park Assist Prep Kit vs possible increased pricing at a later date for an option I ordered.

WildHairZero

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid, Ordered 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not sure if this applies- my 2018 M3 was upgraded to a new CPU for free. It was back in 2020 though and I paid for FSD when I ordered.

I wish Ford would do the same for the Active Park Assist Prep Kit vs possible increased pricing at a later date for an option I ordered.
Ah! Fair point the very early 3's did have an MCU upgrade as well, but again it was only so you could use FSD. That was an Intel to Intel CPU upgrade (different versions of the Intel Atom chip).

The Intel to AMD switch that just happened is to address shortages with Intel and the older design but is not tied to the FSD system.

IF other auto manufactures were to follow what Tesla has done then we might see Ford, for example, launch a next generation Blue Cruise would require a new CPU and THEN they might let you upgrade for a fee. I highly doubt we will see "upgrades" like this again. The cost to design and test a drop in replacement that only a handful of customers would want does not make for a good return on investment.

Now new production runs is a different matter! I still have my fingers crossed that the MY23's will get the 8155 CPU.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I'd happily pay for this. Heck I'd let China monitor every single trip I take to the supermarket if it means a quicker Sync 4 experience. Please make this upgrade available in US Mach-e's.
Sponsored