Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Okay, so I won't go into great detail in this thread, maybe a later thread, but bottom line, when I went to pick up my MME last Thurs. I was given a song and dance by the finance salesperson about how balloon payment auto loans were not a thing in CA until recently and their computer systems couldn't deal with such financing. They of course wanted to offer me traditional financing at a 5% interest rate, hah.

So the question on the table is, can anyone on this forum from CA confirm Ford Options financing using the balloon payment and receiving the $2500 credit?

Secondly, is it possible possible to then pay the full amount of the FO balloon payment financing contract early?

These questions are timely in that I wound up just paying cash, but they screwed up a few things to my favor, (Clean Air rebate, downpayment credit, x-plan pricing) and now are trying to claw back some cash. I'm a fair person here, so I'm willing to discuss and I see an opportunity here, so I just wanted to get my facts straight before I reengage.

Cheers,
Gary
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Okay, so I won't go into great detail in this thread, maybe a later thread, but bottom line, when I went to pick up my MME last Thurs. I was given a song and dance by the finance salesperson about how balloon payment auto loans were not a thing in CA until recently and their computer systems couldn't deal with such financing. They of course wanted to offer me traditional financing at a 5% interest rate, hah.

So the question on the table is, can anyone on this forum from CA confirm Ford Options financing using the balloon payment and receiving the $2500 credit?

Secondly, is it possible possible to then pay the full amount of the FO balloon payment financing contract early?

These questions are timely in that I wound up just paying cash, but they screwed up a few things to my favor, (Clean Air rebate, downpayment credit, x-plan pricing) and now are trying to claw back some cash. I'm a fair person here, so I'm willing to discuss and I see an opportunity here, so I just wanted to get my facts straight before I reengage.

Cheers,
Gary
Yes, we've done a lot of Ford Options contracts in California. A lot.

Yes, you can pay off the loan at any time.

The dealer is probably correct that they need a software update to process Ford Options on their internal paperwork. The dealer's Ford Credit representative can assist them with that. (The electronic contracting is already set up for the dealer.)

JRinOAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag

Cheers,
Gary
We picked up ours yesterday at Walnut Creek Ford and used Ford Options to get the $2500 incentive. Livermore Ford is either dumb or deceptive.

mcfalljames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4 X
Country flag
We bought ours in Turlock, CA (the stars aligned in June and we grabbed a special order that someone didn't want) and we used Ford Options. The dealer was the one who suggested it, said it was pretty much a no brainer with the $2500 back. They also handled the $1500 point of sale clean air rebate with no issues. Glad I didn't deal with Livermore.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I took delivery of my GT-PE at Bill Brandt Ford in Brentwood and used Ford Options. I was their first Ford Options contract. It took them about 5 minutes to figure it out and no software update needed to be done (I guess they already did it before I got there). ?‍♂?

OP
OP
gpgrim

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Thanks everyone for you quick replies on this. I"m going to write the General Sales Manger and make him aware of what's been going on with his staff, and also this thread and the commentary.

I'm getting the impression that the team is pretty inexperienced and not well supported by the ownership group. Some of what they have done has been in good faith, however this goodwill is not sufficient given the dollars involved.

Thank you1

Cheers,
Gary

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
Thanks everyone for you quick replies on this. I"m going to write the General Sales Manger and make him aware of what's been going on with his staff, and also this thread and the commentary.

I'm getting the impression that the team is pretty inexperienced and not well supported by the ownership group. Some of what they have done has been in good faith, however this goodwill is not sufficient given the dollars involved.

Thank you1

Cheers,
Gary
When I discussed Ford Options with the finance folks at my dealership in Minnesota, they thought I meant what financing options there were in general. Ended up having to wait an extra hour or two to drive away with my Mach-E, but the team apparently had no idea what it was. After a bunch of phone calls, they sorted everything out. The initially had me at 5.49% APR, but I got a letter from Ford that corrected it back to 2.49% and adjusted my payment down, thankfully. After the 2 hour wait I just wanted to get the car home, so I'm glad that Ford was able to fix it on their end.

If anyone here is considering Ford Options, it's probably best to touch base with the sales/finance folks before pickup to ensure they're aware and have the right paperwork at hand to avoid an extended wait to pick up your Mach-E. Since it's still a (somewhat) new financing instrument, the dealership may not be aware (or may want to steer you away to a different financing method).

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I got Ford Options and the $2500 in Feb at Towne Ford in Redwood City, CA. It wasn’t smooth, but the dealer sorted it out after 2 or 3 hours. But that was February, now’s December.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I got Ford Options and the $2500 in Feb at Towne Ford in Redwood City, CA. It wasn’t smooth, but the dealer sorted it out after 2 or 3 hours. But that was February, now’s December.
i planned to pay cash for my order. would it be better to use ford options for the incentive and pay off a month later?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
would it be better to use ford options for the incentive and pay off a month later?
I heard that Ford would penalize the dealer if you pay off within 3 months. I also read that some dealers would go after you if Ford penalizes them.

If you prefer to pay cash but would like to get an extra $2250 or so off ($2500 minus interest), you could do Ford Options and then pay it off after 3 months.
Sponsored