Ford Options + X Plan Questions

Hammy91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion
Country flag
Hello, before asking, I looked through the forum to see if it had been answered already, but maybe I missed it.

Is the Ford Options something you can do if you just show up to a dealer and buy one off of them, or is it only an option for online orders?

As for X Plan, I know you must be a member for 90 days prior to being able to use it, so my question is, do the 90 days have to have passed at the moment of placing an order for the Mach-E, or are you good as long as the 90 days have passed by the time the car gets delivered and you actually show up to the dealership to talk and sign and pick it up?

Sorry, I have never purchased a car before so I am new to the process and feeling somewhat overwhelmed (especially with seeing people waiting for so long and seeing that many dealerships have zero knowledge/experience when it comes to Ford Options).
Sponsored

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello, before asking, I looked through the forum to see if it had been answered already, but maybe I missed it.

Is the Ford Options something you can do if you just show up to a dealer and buy one off of them, or is it only an option for online orders?

As for X Plan, I know you must be a member for 90 days prior to being able to use it, so my question is, do the 90 days have to have passed at the moment of placing an order for the Mach-E, or are you good as long as the 90 days have passed by the time the car gets delivered and you actually show up to the dealership to talk and sign and pick it up?

Sorry, I have never purchased a car before so I am new to the process and feeling somewhat overwhelmed (especially with seeing people waiting for so long and seeing that many dealerships have zero knowledge/experience when it comes to Ford Options).
Ok - Yes...just show up and request the Ford Options program price. Make sure you get the $1K to $26K, depending on zip code) rebate on using "options".

X-plan - Its based on point of purchase( when you buy it) - not order date.....

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, anyone can choose to finance using the options plan vs traditional financing or leasing at the time of purchase. The incentive cash amount is $1000 or $2500 depending on region; $26k is a typo above

For X-plan at time of purchase you have to have been a member of the mustang club of america for 60 days, work for a qualified company, or be a stockholder with 100 shares of Ford for 6 months

Last edited:

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Be aware that X-plan is not a guarantee. Some dealers do not participate. Even for those that do, the program gives them the option to honor or not honor plan pricing in certain circumstances.

As an example, I wanted to order an 06 Mustang on X-plan. At that time, plan pricing was only guaranteed for vehicles in the dealer's inventory. So I had to search around to find a dealer willing to honor X-plan on a special order. Had to go out of state. This wasn't an example of shady dealer practices, as they were abiding by the plan rules.

For the Mach E, I think the rule is reversed (i.e. must be an order to qualify), but not sure. The Ford partner site has the details. The key thing is to verify ahead of time with the dealer that they will honor X-plan. Be specific about your intent, whether buying out of their inventory or ordering through Ford.

I do not think that Ford requires dealers to honor Ford Options. I do know that several of them are either unaware of the program or actively try to avoid using it. Same as above, make sure to confirm ahead of time that they understand the program and will honor its details.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For X-plan at time of purchase you have to have been a member of the mustang club of america for 60 days
The MCA actually recently extended that to 90 days, and the membership type now needs to be the $35 one (or above). That being said, my dealer didn't ask me for any proof. I just needed to give them the printout with the X-Plan PIN on it.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, anyone can choose to finance using the options plan vs traditional financing or leasing at the time of purchase. The incentive cash amount is $1000 or $2500 depending on region; $26k is a typo above

For X-plan at time of purchase you have to have been a member of the mustang club of america for 60 days, work for a qualified company, or be a stockholder with 100 shares of Ford for 6 months
No mistake... on certain zip codes, (94571) a Premeium and Cal 1 get $2600.....

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 7.36.15 AM.png

jimbobiii

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue ER AWD MME, Model 3
Country flag
Be aware that X-plan is not a guarantee. Some dealers do not participate. Even for those that do, the program gives them the option to honor or not honor plan pricing in certain circumstances.

As an example, I wanted to order an 06 Mustang on X-plan. At that time, plan pricing was only guaranteed for vehicles in the dealer's inventory. So I had to search around to find a dealer willing to honor X-plan on a special order. Had to go out of state. This wasn't an example of shady dealer practices, as they were abiding by the plan rules.

For the Mach E, I think the rule is reversed (i.e. must be an order to qualify), but not sure. The Ford partner site has the details. The key thing is to verify ahead of time with the dealer that they will honor X-plan. Be specific about your intent, whether buying out of their inventory or ordering through Ford.

I do not think that Ford requires dealers to honor Ford Options. I do know that several of them are either unaware of the program or actively try to avoid using it. Same as above, make sure to confirm ahead of time that they understand the program and will honor its details.
X-Plan can be used on in stock Mach-Es, but it’s up to the dealer to honor the price. Mine did though

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No mistake... on certain zip codes, (94571) a Premeium and Cal 1 get $2600.....

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 7.36.15 AM.png
$2600 is not the same as $26k. And $100 of the $2600 is the ADA credit that goes to everybody.
As generaltso said, $26k = $26000, not $2600 - and the cash incentive is $2500. The extra $100 (over $2500) is for the ADA credit, which is available at the moment regardless of how you finance.

And yes, I financed with options so got the $2500 cash for financing my route 1 with options, and the extra $100 for the ADA.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
$2600 is not the same as $26k. And $100 of the $2600 is the ADA credit that goes to everybody.
Without the appropriate options the Select does not have the Assisted Driving Hardware and therefore would not receive the $100 credit.

OP
OP

Hammy91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion
Country flag
Thanks all for the replies! X plan was more of a curiosity, it isn't a selling point for me, more of a bonus.

But Ford Options is. Looking through info and financing options, Ford Options seems like the most probable choice for me. I guess I have to start reaching out to the dealers near me to see who is willing to work with Ford Options. I know one of them recently listed one on their actual website (almost in the exact options I want, minus it having gray interior instead of the black I want) and it had Ford Options listed, so maybe they will be my best bet.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I just got a buyers order for my MME. Couple questions on X plan. The dealer accepted and vehicle price represents X plan price BUT they also inlcude a Fee deivery $799.95 and tag and title fees of $480. I thought the plan is limited to $100 fee is tht for the tag fees or the dealer prep fee? Or both! Although on my preview order they sent they inlcude the X price price and say +tax, Tag only So before I call them for explanation would like input.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
My dealer charged $399 (it might have been $499) above the X-Plan price but reduced the X-plan price to get it down to the $100 amount. You might want to confirm that an offset has not been included. Ford is covering that on the back end for them and it is way to comply with the various state requirements to treat everyone the same on fees.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just got a buyers order for my MME. Couple questions on X plan. The dealer accepted and vehicle price represents X plan price BUT they also inlcude a Fee deivery $799.95 and tag and title fees of $480. I thought the plan is limited to $100 fee is tht for the tag fees or the dealer prep fee? Or both! Although on my preview order they sent they inlcude the X price price and say +tax, Tag only So before I call them for explanation would like input.
X-plan limits dealer fees to $100, but has no impact on local/state fees or taxes.

What is the $799.95 fee for? You said delivery? I'm not sure what that means. The destination/delivery fee for Mach-E is $1,100 and that is non-negotiable. It's a Ford fee not a dealer one.
Sponsored