Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red MME Premium XR AWD, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
R&D
Country flag
My car also failed to charge overnight as scheduled and I walked out to an “orange” mobile charger light. Is this related? Worked fine after I unplugged it and then plugged it back in. Does the scheduled charging only work if it has a connection to the server? Seems dumb but I’ve seen dumber from other IoT devices.
Mine also failed to charge last night/this morning. And it didn't precondition the interior prior to my set departure time. I deleted the $*!#ing FordPass app about a week ago because it was pissing me off so bad. I set the charge times and departure times in the car and it has been working flawlessly until last night/this morning. I guess we'll see if it charges tonight/tomorrow morning.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine also failed to charge last night/this morning. And it didn't precondition the interior prior to my set departure time. I deleted the $*!#ing FordPass app about a week ago because it was pissing me off so bad. I set the charge times and departure times in the car and it has been working flawlessly until last night/this morning. I guess we'll see if it charges tonight/tomorrow morning.
Hmm yeah seems concerning if that simple charge scheduling is handled by a remote server.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Hmm yeah seems concerning if that simple charge scheduling is handled by a remote server.
Doesn't really make sense, the charging times are stored on the car as well, I'm guessing the remote server just has to send a wake-up signal. I guess the question is, do you have to have cell coverage to use preferred charging times then?

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Doesn't really make sense, the charging times are stored on the car as well, I'm guessing the remote server just has to send a wake-up signal. I guess the question is, do you have to have cell coverage to use preferred charging times then?
Seems over engineered if that’s the case. I have a 20 year old digital watch that can send a low voltage wake up signal at the same time each day without using much 12V battery…not sure why it would need a server connection but also wouldn’t surprise me if it does.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I spent 4 years running a cloud consulting practice. These types of outages are easy and relatively cheap to avoid from an infrastructure perspective. Ford needs to up their game.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
It’s back up and working for me as of 9:44 AM Pacific time. Wasn’t working earlier.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I spent 4 years running a cloud consulting practice. These types of outages are easy and relatively cheap to avoid from an infrastructure perspective. Ford needs to up their game.
I think it may have something to do with the F150 Lightning, as it went 'live' today so that you can build/price. Maybe they just overloaded their Servers? Just a guess...

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Uh oh, the consultants have arrived. Get ready for weeks of billable hours and many, many PowerPoint decks ???
Hopefully the partner overseeing the engagement will at least take us out to a couple of decent dinners ???

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
And here I thought I was angry when my Roomba was unusable for an entire day last month due to an AWS outage. Nothing like my clean floors being held hostage by a remote server, despite being on the same local network. Damn I hate lazy IoT design decisions. It’s great when it enhances my life, but since the key fob doesn’t have a remote start button, I can’t do it the old fashioned way.

I also had no way to tell it to start charging immediately from the car (“Charge to 100%”) other than editing my charge times in the car. My wife’s Audi PHEV has two physical buttons under to the charge port door. One is “charge per schedule” the other is “charge now”. Super handy.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I think it may have something to do with the F150 Lightning, as it went 'live' today so that you can build/price. Maybe they just overloaded their Servers? Just a guess...
Again, easy to address automatically and economically. This is cloud 101 stuff. I'm still not seeing data even after killing FP and restarting it.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Ford and software. Not a good combo. Maybe we will get BC today. lol

I can't lock my doors from the outside with the touch button on any outside door. I hope that's not controlled by the mother ship. Just another MME glitch?

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag