TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
After picking up my car last night, I attempted to send my profile from the Ford Pass app on my phone to the vehicle and it would never take. Tried deleting the app, deleting the profile, starting from scratch and it would never work. Bigger issue is when I got to active the Ford Pass Charging Network trial it errors out connecting the my "wallet". Even though my wallet has a valid CC in it and I've even removed and re-added one, still no luck. Been on the phone for almost two hours with Ford Pass support (after being dropped three times) and still no luck. Even the support reps that I have spoken with said that this is all new to them and they have no clue how to support. They did gather all of my information and they will be elevating this to higher support.

My 2 cents: Hopefully this is a "one off" just for me. Obviously I am fine with these "issues" and understood this possibility going in as an "early adapter". But if Ford wants to eventually compete with the "T", then they need get ahead ahead of these type of issues to ensure that issues like don't give it a black eye.

1612541376385.png

1612541401386.png

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did run into similar issues activating my car.

Advice on Activation:

Do not press the 'Activate' button the Ford Pass app first.

Make sure the car is in an open area (not in a garage, etc.).
Make sure the car is started and in 'park'.

Open Ford Pass and (if you haven't already done so) add the car (hint: You can scan the QR code on the Window sticker -- the one near the fuel economy ratings ... not the one in the lower right corner) [EDIT: My mistake... it IS the one in the lower right corner.]

With car already running and in park ... NOW you can hit 'Activate'.

I followed the official instructions. Activation was never received by car. Two hours later it still showed 'Activation pending'.

Ford had me delete the car, log out of the app, kill the app, restart it, do a master-reset on the car, then re-add the car via the QR code and THEN the 'Activate' worked straight away.

I also had the credit card error when trying to activate Connected Services (Ford Network charging). It didn't like my Apple Card (MasterCard). It seemed to take my AmEx ... but then I had problems continuing.

Last edited:

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Just wait till lots of us take delivery and start having these problems at the same time. There will be no way to get someone on the phone from Ford; they will be overwhelmed. Hope Ford is listening and going into "How do we fix this" mode.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think we all were hoping Ford Pass would mature when the car arrived. Disappointing because the car itself is really great. Shame the app is letting it down. I hope they can fix it pronto. :(

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I did run into similar issues activating my car.

Advice on Activation:

Do not press the 'Activate' button the Ford Pass app first.

Make sure the car is in an open area (not in a garage, etc.).
Make sure the car is started and in 'park'.

Open Ford Pass and (if you haven't already done so) add the car (hint: You can scan the QR code on the Window sticker -- the one near the fuel economy ratings ... not the one in the lower right corner)

With car already running and in park ... NOW you can hit 'Activate'.

I followed the official instructions. Activation was never received by car. Two hours later it still showed 'Activation pending'.

Ford had me delete the car, log out of the app, kill the app, restart it, do a master-reset on the car, then re-add the car via the QR code and THEN the 'Activate' worked straight away.

I also had the credit card error when trying to activate Connected Services (Ford Network charging). It didn't like my Apple Card (MasterCard). It seemed to take my AmEx ... but then I had problems continuing.
Lesson from this to delete existing MME from Ford pass before goin to take delivery ? And add per above instructions?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did make a mistake above ... the QR code you scan to add the car to Ford Pass is the one in the lower right corner of the Window sticker. Not the one near the fuel economy rating. Also the QR code is supposed to be in the driver's door frame (I didn't check ... the Ford help desk told me it was also on a sticker located there.)

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is my first Ford that supports the Ford Pass app (my 2009 Escape Hybrid doesn't have this modern stuff.) So this is something many Ford Pass users probably already know, but if this is your first car that supports Ford Pass ... then you may have some questions about how to set up some of this stuff.

So here's one more bit of advice that I learned (I found this one in a FAQ).

How to add TWO (or more) phones for Ford Pass to the same car:

Follow Ford's instructions to add the first phone.

Additional members of your household (or anyone you want to let drive your car using their phone) should set up their own Ford Pass account (using their own email address).

They can add the car to their Ford Pass (e.g. scan QR code or type in the VIN).

They should also "Activate" the car ... but this will fail (not to worry ... this is supposed to happen) because the car was already activated by the first phone's Ford Pass.

Instead ... they will get a message asking if they want to request permission. It will send a notice the original phone's Ford Pass app. That person can accept (or decline ... but if you decline 4 times then that additional phone is locked out forever. This sounds like it's meant to protect you from spam if someone reads your VIN in the parking lot and just continuously tries to ask for permission).

Once you accept, the car is added to their Ford Pass app. They can also set up Phone-as-a-Key.

Another note:

You need to have your physical key-fob with you whenever you set up any Phone-as-a-Keys.

I had it with me when I setup the first phone. But when I went out a few hours later to set up my spouse's phone I only had my phone with me (after all... which was already set up as a PaaK). The car scolded me for not having the physical key-fob. Lesson learned.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
This is my first Ford that supports the Ford Pass app (my 2009 Escape Hybrid doesn't have this modern stuff.) So this is something many Ford Pass users probably already know, but if this is your first car that supports Ford Pass ... then you may have some questions about how to set up some of this stuff.

Additional members of your household (or anyone you want to let drive your car using their phone) should set up their own Ford Pass account (using their own email address).

They should also "Activate" the car ... but this will fail (not to worry ... this is supposed to happen) because the car was already activated by the first phone's Ford Pass.

Instead ... they will get a message asking if they want to request permission. It will send a notice the original phone's Ford Pass app. That person can accept (or decline ... but if you decline 4 times then that additional phone is locked out forever. This sounds like it's meant to protect you from spam if someone reads your VIN in the parking lot and just continuously tries to ask for permission).

Once you accept, the car is added to their Ford Pass app. They can also set up Phone-as-a-Key.

Another note:

You need to have your physical key-fob with you whenever you set up any Phone-as-a-Keys.

I had it with me when I setup the first phone. But when I went out a few hours later to set up my spouse's phone I only had my phone with me (after all... which was already set up as a PaaK). The car scolded me for not having the physical key-fob. Lesson learned.
Good to know - thanks for the information! Pretty much the same steps for my i3 in the BMW Connected app.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Another note:

Copied it for future reference. Thanks.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Copied it for future reference. Thanks.
you've been on here forever so you probably know this but for others: the forum has a "bookmark" capability - desktop version:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass Issues 1612634904917

they are then slightly hidden under your profile in the upper right:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass Issues 1612634981671

:)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
you've been on here forever so you probably know this but for others: the forum has a "bookmark" capability - desktop version:

they are then slightly hidden under your profile in the upper right:

:)
I did not know that. Very helpful. Thanks. :)

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

Another note:

Bookmarked. Thank you!!
Sponsored