JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
This is my first Ford that supports the Ford Pass app (my 2009 Escape Hybrid doesn't have this modern stuff.) So this is something many Ford Pass users probably already know, but if this is your first car that supports Ford Pass ... then you may have some questions about how to set up some of this stuff.

So here's one more bit of advice that I learned (I found this one in a FAQ).

How to add TWO (or more) phones for Ford Pass to the same car:

Follow Ford's instructions to add the first phone.

Additional members of your household (or anyone you want to let drive your car using their phone) should set up their own Ford Pass account (using their own email address).

They can add the car to their Ford Pass (e.g. scan QR code or type in the VIN).

They should also "Activate" the car ... but this will fail (not to worry ... this is supposed to happen) because the car was already activated by the first phone's Ford Pass.

Instead ... they will get a message asking if they want to request permission. It will send a notice the original phone's Ford Pass app. That person can accept (or decline ... but if you decline 4 times then that additional phone is locked out forever. This sounds like it's meant to protect you from spam if someone reads your VIN in the parking lot and just continuously tries to ask for permission).

Once you accept, the car is added to their Ford Pass app. They can also set up Phone-as-a-Key.

Another note:

You need to have your physical key-fob with you whenever you set up any Phone-as-a-Keys.

I had it with me when I setup the first phone. But when I went out a few hours later to set up my spouse's phone I only had my phone with me (after all... which was already set up as a PaaK). The car scolded me for not having the physical key-fob. Lesson learned.
Thanks very much - will try to follow instructions in a few weeks.

My wife is already like too much technology - I dont need to drive the Mach E- its just going to be your drive ;)
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Can confirm this method works. Very easy for my partner to get access to my Mach-E as well.

whyteshadow

First Name
E.G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Just an update. Everything is "mostly working" now with the Ford Pass app, I'm just experiencing intermittent connectivity to the Ford Pass service - from the app and from within the car.
Hi Savage,

Did you have to do any thing? I was on the phone with Ford Customer Service and the Ford Pass Service team for 4 hours, and they couldn't help me.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Just an update. Everything is "mostly working" now with the Ford Pass app, I'm just experiencing intermittent connectivity to the Ford Pass service - from the app and from within the car.
I was at the dealer and the salesperson said he'd show me how to activate the MME with FordPass. Ha ha. FordPass was not available. So we moved on to something else he couldn't figure out. LOL

This was OK. I think it was just something to do to keep us distracted until the financing paperwork was completed.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
A new message just went out to dealers regarding the Ford Pass activation
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass Issues 149513115_10219784310738099_552393836438971518_o

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
Apparently, like my dog, my Mach E TCU (modem) is "selectively not responding to specific commands". I can remote start and PAAK works but anything related to charging communications between the Mach E, FordPAss, and/or connected services, not so much.
After many calls and chat room sessions I was connected to a great technician that went through the communications log and identified that the modem is has selective hearing.
Been frustrating getting bounced around the phone tree. I now have three different numbers on speed dial.
Sponsored