Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Mine is. "There's nothing wrong with it." My phone idiosyncracies are "features". :)

There's really nothing to lure me to a 13 or 14 atm. We shall see what the 15 has in store for us come September or October. 🤷‍♂️

In other news, my car got 3.6.2 last night. And promptly charged to 100%. We will see what else it did when I get to the car this afternoon, maybe.
I’m kidding a bit about the upgrade. Remember, I’m an Apple fanboy 😀
Oddly enough, after 3.6.2 installed (I was at the store), I drove home, plugged in, and the next morning, my car was at 90%, as per normal. The only odd things were the climate control was off, the seat heater was no longer in auto, and the sync radio buttons no longer had the station logos. After a “key cycle”, all was good again.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’m kidding a bit about the upgrade. Remember, I’m an Apple fanboy 😀
Oddly enough, after 3.6.2 installed (I was at the store), I drove home, plugged in, and the next morning, my car was at 90%, as per normal. The only odd things were the climate control was off, the seat heater was no longer in auto, and the sync radio buttons no longer had the station logos. After a “key cycle”, all was good again.
Apple really did tell me there was nothing wrong with my phone and that the issues I was having were transient and would go away. They haven't. And are odd.

Ford's OTAs have almost always caused my car to lose its charging settings. One of the early 3 series updates broke it for about a week before another update came along and I could set it up again.

jkovacs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
My 22J2 has been on 3.5.2 since I got her in October. On one hand, I’d like the new goodies. On the other hand, seeing the issues others are having with 3.6.x has me thinking it might be a blessing in disguise. 🤣

Also, for those of you with CarPlay issues, it may not necessarily be a Ford issue. I recently rented a Skoda Enyaq in Europe and it absolutely refused to connect to CarPlay on my phone (wired or wireless) but worked fine with my wife’s phone. The day before we had to return the rental, I applied the update to iOS 16.2b4 and suddenly CarPlay on my phone worked like a charm!

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Mainly just be patient. There is no way to force the car to update (outside of using diagnostic software). Ford pushes updates to cars and the car checks Andy time you drive. They may not have pushed anything past 3.5.4 for your car yet.
When did you get your car?
Mid November 2022 and I asked the salesman whether they updated all the way up to the latest software and they kept saying yes

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Apple really did tell me there was nothing wrong with my phone and that the issues I was having were transient and would go away. They haven't. And are odd.

Ford's OTAs have almost always caused my car to lose its charging settings. One of the early 3 series updates broke it for about a week before another update came along and I could set it up again.
Wow! That’s odd! I hope ford can get it sorted out for you!

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Mid November 2022 and I asked the salesman whether they updated all the way up to the latest software and they kept saying yes
Nice, that’s when I got my 2022 too. Mine was built the week of 10/3/22. I have only gotten up to 3.5.4 too. My 2021 had gotten up to 3.5.4.2 before I traded it in for the 22. We will probably get 3.5.4.2 at some point, Ford tends to push these things out in waves.
As to what your dealer said, it is not SOP for a dealer to completely update a car before delivery. The dealer only has to do any updates that ford requires them too, which on our cars was nothing. So most likely they were lying. Some dealers do go over an above and do updates without being told, but that’s rare because they don’t get reimbursed for their time to do those updates (which in some cases came take up to 4 hours).
Most likely you’ll get all the OTA updates over the next few weeks. There will always be updates available for your car that only the dealer can do though.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
So after my increasingly frustrated rants on Wed. about CarPlay not connecting and Ford's poor engineering culture and all that, guess what happened to me Wed. evening on the way home?

No, not an SSN, knocking on wood for now, I jumped in and figured I'd just listen to my own thoughts on the way home from work (a lot going on there too) and 30 s down the road, CarPlay connects wirelessly and starts streaming the podcast I was listening to on the way in. Go figure.

Three days straight now, no issues. Yeesh, just when you get a good lather up, something positive happens and now whaddya do? 🤷‍♂️

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
My car is on 3.6.1 and I used to have about a 90% connect rate with wireless CarPlay, however, since my car was updated to 3.5.x.x and still with 3.6.1 my car struggles to connect without rebooting SYNC and sometimes SYNC and the iPhone.

My charge settings went stupid twice in the last 30 days. One day it charged to full because the car while parked in my driveway, thought it was parked at a location that was a mile away from the house (To a place I have never been).

The other charge issue is my home settings would not save. I had to blow away my home settings and rebuild it.

Hopefully I will get an update soon.

miked47a

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition MME AWD Rapid Red
Country flag
My car is on 3.6.1 and I used to have about a 90% connect rate with wireless CarPlay, however, since my car was updated to 3.5.x.x and still with 3.6.1 my car struggles to connect without rebooting SYNC and sometimes SYNC and the iPhone.

My charge settings went stupid twice in the last 30 days. One day it charged to full because the car while parked in my driveway, thought it was parked at a location that was a mile away from the house (To a place I have never been).

The other charge issue is my home settings would not save. I had to blow away my home settings and rebuild it.

Hopefully I will get an update soon.
This just started happening to me on my drive from NC to NY a few days ago. I'm not sure if the car did an update down there as I was connected to wifi when parked. I'm running about 30% that CarPlay connects by itself and also have to either reboot Sync, iPhone or both the rest of the time. I also can not voice reply to text messages. It either completely ignores me or after the spinning wheel for a few seconds tells me "something went wrong." This is 100% of the time now.

On a positive note, this was my first long (900 miles each way) trip and the car was a dream. BlueCruise was available for about 90% of the trip. But that's for another thread.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Looks like this is rolling out. I got it today and my GOM added 50+ miles.

Screenshot_20221209-182727.png

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Go to charge settings. Check out your home location. Is it even still there? Has anything changed? If so, change it or delete and set it back up again. If not, look in your native navigation system map. Is the car at home? If not, reboot sync. Go back and check the settings to ensure they’re all correct.

If the map shows the car at home and all setting are ok, I’d delete the home charge location and start over using present position as home.

Do all of this in the car, not on FordPass.
I'd already deleted and re-added home to no luck. Turning Charge Locations off and back on seemed to work.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
3.6.2 Installed Thursday Night/Friday Morning local time. Things noticed:

1. The car was plugged in and at the charge limit of 90%. The car charged to 100% after the update. It neither erased nor changed the preferred charge settings. It simply ignored them.
2. I cycled the preferred charge setting off and then back on in the car before plugging it in today. Confirmed use preferred setting was selected and that the times and charge limit were correct. The car tried to charge to 100% anyway. Workaround: Of all things changing the setting a third time, but this time in FordPass (4.23) put the car on the proper schedule. 🤷‍♂️
3. Odd one: I use Ford Assistant regularly. Much more so than Siri. Yesterday for both legs of a 45 mile drive (each way) Ford Assistant would not work with either the wake up word or the short (or half) push of the button. Did the same on the way back yesterday after a 90-minute shutdown and lock. This morning I cycled the Ford Assitant settings after starting and things work again.
4. Correlation does not equal causation.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I updated the GWM via FDRS today and it resolved my issue with CarPlay not connecting. Wireless app projection is now on.
Is there a specific update available? Is this 3.6.2- or is this just a re-initization that can be done at any time? Can this also be done via ForScan? I am still on 3.6.1 waiting for the 3.6.2 update.
Sponsored