superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
It’s that the expected timeline Ford quotes is not for delivery. It’s the month in which the adapter is expected to ship. Mine is expected to ship in May. I do not expect to take delivery until some time in June. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Maybe you shouldn't have selected the 'delivery via donkey' option?

But on a more serious side, why do you think it's going to take a month for shipment?
Sponsored

RVA1961

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Sales Leader
Country flag

Ford says the vast majority of owners can expect the Supercharger OTA before you receive your adapter. So… between now and sometime this summer maybe.

I love my MachE, but Ford’s OTA process is painful. And not just for this update, but 6.x, the priority updates, blue cruise, etc… If an update has been approved and beta tested, it should be available for install at the owner’s discretion. I certainly hope the next gen vehicles have a different OTA experience.
I ordered my adapter last week and received the software update yesterday.

IMG_2481.jpeg

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I'm in no hurry for the OTA update. What good is it without the adaptor??
Without the adapter, the update will allow you to use the MagicDock Superchargers with Plug & Charge now that they have switched to allowing you to long press on the Supercharger connector button to release the MagicDock. So there is a slight reason to have the update even without your own adapter. But if you are like me, it's not useful since the nearest MagicDock is 4 hours away.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Maybe you shouldn't have selected the 'delivery via donkey' option?

But on a more serious side, why do you think it's going to take a month for shipment?
It’s Ford. They took forever to deliver our cars. Delivery by gerbil. They couldn’t even use pigeons. 🤪🐩

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag

Ford says the vast majority of owners can expect the Supercharger OTA before you receive your adapter. So… between now and sometime this summer maybe.

I love my MachE, but Ford’s OTA process is painful. And not just for this update, but 6.x, the priority updates, blue cruise, etc… If an update has been approved and beta tested, it should be available for install at the owner’s discretion. I certainly hope the next gen vehicles have a different OTA experience.
I received mine 3/8/24. It took 8 minutes to run the update (no vehicle use time)

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
You’re missing the point. I’m not worried about the Tesla OTA. I can charge without it. Ford’s OTA process is slow, cumbersome, and frustrating.
Got my update, went fine, have the Tesla ✅ in FordPass, will have connector in May. This is a game changer, thanks Ford

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Our Mach E (2023) just got the update two days ago. Although I already reserved the official Ford adapter (should arrive in May), I've ordered the A2Z adapter to have earlier access to the network. Besides, I'll want a second adapter anyway for when my BMW i4 gets Tesla SC access later this year (hopefully).

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
My experience with OTA updates has been excellent.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Got the update! Very helpful for trip in April! To bad adapter doesnt come till May. But update is great! Now I know where I could charge if I only had adapter. Would be happier with adapter than update.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Got the update! Very helpful for trip in April! To bad adapter doesnt come till May. But update is great! Now I know where I could charge if I only had adapter. Would be happier with adapter than update.
The good news is that with the software update, your car can now do P&C at Magic Dock locations. It's a small convenience but it works! If you get really desperate on the adapter, you could always order a 3pty unit from A2Z or Lectron. My worry with those non-Tesla adapters is that apparently Tesla's Terms & Conditions prohibit anybody's else's adapters.

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
I've been trying for several weeks to get my adapter reservation in. For some reason, the Ford website will not send me to the reservation page. I have several people from Ford corporate working on it, but this is just silly.

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been trying for several weeks to get my adapter reservation in. For some reason, the Ford website will not send me to the reservation page. I have several people from Ford corporate working on it, but this is just silly.
Have you tried using FordPass to make your reservation? I have not been able to even sign in to the website lately. I was able to make my reservation using FordPass.

KadeBR

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 RR Explorer ST, 2021 RR GTPE
Occupation
CDL Hazmat
Country flag
August seems like a long time

Screenshot_20240314_104656_Chrome.jpg

ack154

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
August seems like a long time
Holy crap, mine is June and I felt like that is really far out. I'm just annoyed I was traveling for work when the reservations went live so it took me like half a day or more before I realized they were available.
Sponsored