mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
As I reported in the other thread, the 3.35.0 update did not break PaaK on my phone/car. It could be because I just recently created the PaaK key (about two weeks ago), or maybe my phone version is more compatible. Who knows? Anyway, I turned off auto updates so I would not get the patch.

A few minutes ago I manually updated FordPass to 3.35.2. I tested PaaK before the update, and after. No change. Everything works exactly as before. I am considering deleting the key and creating a new one just to be sure I don't run into any issues, but I wanted to report this finding.

So for some people, 3.35.2 will not break PaaK if PaaK didn't break with 3.35.0. So Step #2 may not be necessary.

There is one other difference in my setup that I really don't think explains why my PaaK didn't break, but I have never set up a backup pass code. I didn't do it because I feel any code is hackable, and I assume a hacker could gain access to my car if they hack my pass code. Since I have no idea how those codes are stored, I decided against creating one.

@bellyer, FordPass is connected and updating for my car on 3.35.0 and 3.35.2. Sorry, wish I had a suggestion for you.
Sponsored

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I didn't have any issues with 3.35.0 using PaaK nor with my backup code. I updated to 3.35.2 last night and tried PaaK, no issues. Turned off Bluetooth and tried the door and backup code, no issue.

Probably just a coincidence, but PaaK actually worked immediately when opening the door on the first try. That almost never happens when leaving from home. In other circumstances it's usually more reliable.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I think the takeaway here is you might lose your PaaK key when updating this one time because of the issues with 3.35.0. If you don't great, but use caution when updating.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just got home, and with 3.34 my phone was hot (today) and the app had used 25% of my battery. Just updated to 3.35.2. Still shows "You're seeing the last charging details your vehicle told us before it fell asleep". Wow, that's quick, I parked it 10 minutes ago... PAAK appears to still be there.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Yeah, this is super weird today. I don't have a clue what is up with my app. I went through the process of deleting PaaK and then re-adding it as new and PaaK is working as well as it did before and I can unlock and lock the car from the app, but it does not show the charge percentage and range. Thanks for the couple of suggestions folks had though. Oh well.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Got back today (11/28) with updated 3.35.2. Was gone for a week and FP updated from 3.34 to 3.35.0 and 3.35.2 while I was away from my Mach E. PAAK worked once when I moved the car from the garage but hasn't worked since but passkey worked. Also, got a notice when I opened FP that they're doing something with servers that will prevent setting up new PAAK. So two questions:

1. Do I need to delete my PAAK and set it up again because of these FP updates? This is based on my reading of this string and the longer PSA re 3.35.0 string.

2. If yes, I should wait until tomorrow to do this because of the message I received today re 11/28 maintenance?

Thanks.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Got back today (11/28) with updated 3.35.2. Was gone for a week and FP updated from 3.34 to 3.35.0 and 3.35.2 while I was away from my Mach E. PAAK worked once when I moved the car from the garage but hasn't worked since but passkey worked. Also, got a notice when I opened FP that they're doing something with servers that will prevent setting up new PAAK. So two questions:

1. Do I need to delete my PAAK and set it up again because of these FP updates? This is based on my reading of this string and the longer PSA re 3.35.0 string.

2. If yes, I should wait until tomorrow to do this because of the message I received today re 11/28 maintenance?

Thanks.
Yes and maybe. The service outage should be done by now. If PaaK doesn't work and the service outage still exists no change to you, either way PaaK won't work. So I would give it a shot and if it works the service outage is done.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Other than probably not breaking PaaK....

what value does 3.35.2 add, vs. 3.34.0?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Other than probably not breaking PaaK....

what value does 3.35.2 add, vs. 3.34.0?
They reduced/optimized the query frequency of the vehicle status which should improve battery life.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Yes and maybe. The service outage should be done by now. If PaaK doesn't work and the service outage still exists no change to you, either way PaaK won't work. So I would give it a shot and if it works the service outage is done.
Thanks. I deleted PAAK in FP and reset up my Pixel 6 as a PAAK. I got a warning that I'd have limited functions even after setup. It finished the process of setting up (pairing code, etc.), but PAAK still doesn't work. Maybe the service outage is still in effect. Did I do something wrong?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Thanks. I deleted PAAK in FP and reset up my Pixel 6 as a PAAK. I got a warning that I'd have limited functions even after setup. It finished the process of setting up (pairing code, etc.), but PAAK still doesn't work. Maybe the service outage is still in effect. Did I do something wrong?
Try again tomorrow.

PaaK_Android

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Lead PaaK Android Developer
Country flag
If you successfully completed setup then the service outage isn't causing the issue. Are you seeing the "PaaK is trying to connect to your vehicle" notification? If you aren't then close the app and reopen it.
If you are then you are going to want to click the little down arrow on the notification and hit the cancel button until it disappears. May take 2 clicks. Then you are going to want to relaunch the application, this will cause that notification to reappear and hopefully you are able to connect properly.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
If you successfully completed setup then the service outage isn't causing the issue. Are you seeing the "PaaK is trying to connect to your vehicle" notification? If you aren't then close the app and reopen it.
If you are then you are going to want to click the little down arrow on the notification and hit the cancel button until it disappears. May take 2 clicks. Then you are going to want to relaunch the application, this will cause that notification to reappear and hopefully you are able to connect properly.
[/QUOTE
The new PAAK I set up started to work a few hours after setup. The prompt to set up a new backup code appeared this morning. I think I'm all good now (knock on wood). Thanks for the responses.
Sponsored