Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not sure when it was added, but the current version of FordPass has a toggle to precondition the vehicle when it is unplugged! However, I get an error when I try to enable it... I'm hopeful that they'll keep improving!

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass iOS 3.19.0 1617054967500
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They also removed Apple Watch functionality. Apparently, they’re “redeveloping the Apple Watch experience”. Not sure why they couldn’t leave the old experience functional until the new experience is ready.

2B1C96B1-9275-454D-A17A-E81C565BD6B9.png

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I was always able to remote start without it being plugged in. What the heck lol

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
They also removed Apple Watch functionality. Apparently, they’re “redeveloping the Apple Watch experience”. Not sure why they couldn’t leave the old experience functional until the new experience is ready.

2B1C96B1-9275-454D-A17A-E81C565BD6B9.png
“No Apple Watch for you!” The sad thing is that the Apple Watch functionality always sort of worked in a half-a$$ed sort of way with my Escape. As long as I had my phone with my and my phone was unlocked, it stood a chance of working. Which was good enough to show off to friends “Hey, look what I can do with my Apple Watch”, then promptly forget about it ?
Now, if Ford REALLY wants to impress me, they’ll implement “Apple Watch As A Key” so that, if I go for a run, all I need are my (not-very-trusty) PowerBeats Pro and my Apple Watch ?

OP
OP

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
“No Apple Watch for you!” The sad thing is that the Apple Watch functionality always sort of worked in a half-a$$ed sort of way with my Escape. As long as I had my phone with my and my phone was unlocked, it stood a chance of working. Which was good enough to show off to friends “Hey, look what I can do with my Apple Watch”, then promptly forget about it ?
Now, if Ford REALLY wants to impress me, they’ll implement “Apple Watch As A Key” so that, if I go for a run, all I need are my (not-very-trusty) PowerBeats Pro and my Apple Watch ?
Hopefully it becomes more useful?

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Ah, software releases! The new release adds features that don't work and removes old features that did work. "I am updating the software, pray I do not update it further."

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
If I had to guess the Watch functionality was built using the older watchOS APIs and they had to dump it to keep moving forward on the iOS side and they're having to rebuild using the new watchOS APIs. Happened to a lot of apps because Apple completely redid the way you write a Watch app

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Just checked out of curiosity - Android version got the 3.19 update as well, apparently, and also has the "allow start when vehicle is unplugged" switch. My car is out getting PPF, so I'll wait till it's back in my hands to give it a go...

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
They also removed Apple Watch functionality.
I would guess because the Watch app was still not an Independent WatchOS App, which for the use cases for a Watch, absolutely needed to be. Or at worse, Watch App is targeting an out of date WatchOS level the App Store now rejects. That being the case, I doubt the Watch app was performant if functional.

If and when a WatchOS app comes back, I'd love to see data such as car battery percentage ported to complications. Being able to glance and see my battery power while charing would be super useful.

It's a record I keep repeating, but Car Key (marketing name for Digital Key), would Just Work™ on the Watch without even having a WatchOS app. But I digress…

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I would guess because the Watch app was still not an Independent WatchOS App, which for the use cases for a Watch, absolutely needed to be. Or at worse, Watch App is targeting an out of date WatchOS level the App Store now rejects. That being the case, I doubt the Watch app was performant if functional.

If and when a WatchOS app comes back, I'd love to see data such as car battery percentage ported to complications. Being able to glance and see my battery power while charing would be super useful.

It's a record I keep repeating, but Car Key (marketing name for Digital Key), would Just Work™ on the Watch without even having a WatchOS app. But I digress…
there's a bunch of posts on Car Key on here but the summary would be that since the car doesn't have NFC, don't hold your breath on it.