jchen14

First Name
Jacky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Lock the car in the app, force quit the app, and reopen it 30 seconds later.

If it still doesn’t work, toggle connected services. If that doesn’t work pull the TCU fuse #11 (5A) in the passenger footwell for 5 mins.
I can't even toggle connected services because it just times out when I touch the button.
Sponsored

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
If it still doesn’t work, toggle connected services. If that doesn’t work pull the TCU fuse #11 (5A) in the passenger footwell for 5 mins.
Why didn’t I find this response sooner!?!?!
noticed last night FordPass was not updating and I tried everything including master reset, calling ford, restarting sync, deleting the app re adding it. I even activated the in vehicle hotspot since it seemed to be connectivity related
the few things I noticed was Setting/Connected Vehicle Features was blank no items listed. FordPass would not refresh, and upon going into into the Bezel Diag menu under connectivity TCU was disconnected and so was most everything else. Which is what got me here. How do I reboot the TCU. I pulled fuse 11 and waited 10 min. Came back and once I started the car my FordPass was sending tons of messages and the icon next to the outdoor temp returned. Everything is back to normal

thanks for saving me a dreaded trip to the dealership!

mikeynags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Select
Occupation
Network and Security Engineer
Country flag
Why didn’t I find this response sooner!?!?!
noticed last night FordPass was not updating and I tried everything including master reset, calling ford, restarting sync, deleting the app re adding it. I even activated the in vehicle hotspot since it seemed to be connectivity related
the few things I noticed was Setting/Connected Vehicle Features was blank no items listed. FordPass would not refresh, and upon going into into the Bezel Diag menu under connectivity TCU was disconnected and so was most everything else. Which is what got me here. How do I reboot the TCU. I pulled fuse 11 and waited 10 min. Came back and once I started the car my FordPass was sending tons of messages and the icon next to the outdoor temp returned. Everything is back to normal

thanks for saving me a dreaded trip to the dealership!
Anyone have any detail on what pulling the TCU fuse does? I'm having issues as well that are affecting things like PAAK and charging updates, but the car overall is talking to FordPass. I did try pulling the 18/19 fuse for BlueTooth to try and resolve setting up the PAAK which did not work. I'm wondering if pulling the TCU will help at all or is it not related based the symptoms?

Thanks.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Anyone have any detail on what pulling the TCU fuse does? I'm having issues as well that are affecting things like PAAK and charging updates, but the car overall is talking to FordPass. I did try pulling the 18/19 fuse for BlueTooth to try and resolve setting up the PAAK which did not work. I'm wondering if pulling the TCU will help at all or is it not related based the symptoms?

Thanks.
Based on your description it sounds like your TCU is working but you can always dig into the diag menu and look.
The easiest way to tell if the problem is TCU is by going into the bezel diag menu. Volume down track back (the opposite track direction you use for sync reboot) Go down to communications and see what TCU says. There is also a TCU diag menu
Pulling the fuse is the equivalent of pulling the plug on any computer device. Waiting the 10 min allows any power to clear. Fixed my problem. Let me know how it goes.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Same here, I have a feeling this may be what caused my charging/departure issues. Hard to troubleshoot when the app isn't working.

mikeynags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Select
Occupation
Country flag
Based on your description it sounds like your TCU is working but you can always dig into the diag menu and look.
The easiest way to tell if the problem is TCU is by going into the bezel diag menu. Volume down track back (the opposite track direction you use for sync reboot) Go down to communications and see what TCU says. There is also a TCU diag menu
Pulling the fuse is the equivalent of pulling the plug on any computer device. Waiting the 10 min allows any power to clear. Fixed my problem. Let me know how it goes.
Got into the diag menu and everything seems good. Status is provisioned and the cell service is active. Is there anything on this menu I should be looking for?

Psalty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD SR
Country flag
Lock the car in the app, force quit the app, and reopen it 30 seconds later.

Thanks for the info. Pulling the fuse worked for me!

I had first tried doing a master reset and didn't have any luck. Diagnostics screen still showed that the TCU wasn't provisioned.

Accessing the fuses and pulling #11 was pretty straight forward.

mikeynags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Select
Occupation
Country flag
Got into the diag menu and everything seems good. Status is provisioned and the cell service is active. Is there anything on this menu I should be looking for?
I was to resolve this one so I thought I would update the thread on just how I did it.

I lucked out with a Google search and came across a site that had troubleshooting steps for PAAK problems. Site with the instructions found here: https://www.metromotors.com/mach-e-paak.html

Basically, I turned off connected services in the car, removed the Mach-E from the FordPass app and then re-added it by VIN. After a short while, the app prompted me to setup PAAK again. It generated a temporary Bluetooth PIN and successfully turned on all the connected services again. I did the same thing for my wife's phone and bingo - back in business.

I couldn't believe my eyes but everything that was previously not working, by some miracle now was working. So far, had 2 calls from FordPass support and they could not understand what was going on with the vehicle.

Hope this helps.

--mike

Seanyfly

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 PREMIUM RWD
Country flag
I had this problem happen after parking at hotel valet this week.
I heard that some lots try to bypass
”valet mode” to get into sync

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If that doesn’t work pull the TCU fuse #11 (5A) in the passenger footwell for 5 mins.
Curious - do you think disconnecting the LVB for 10 minutes would do the same thing?

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Curious - do you think disconnecting the LVB for 10 minutes would do the same thing?
Yes but would probably be more difficult for most.

To disconnect the negative terminal of the battery you have to pull two of the covers off the frunk and have a 10mm socket.

To pull the fuse you pull off the fuse box cover in the footwell and pull fuse #11.

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
Had the same issue, even with the Connected Services setting in Sync being unavailable/timing out. A master reset combined with deleting the car from FordPass re-adding it appears to have done the trick. Car is working normally in FordPass now.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Had the same issue, even with the Connected Services setting in Sync being unavailable/timing out. A master reset combined with deleting the car from FordPass re-adding it appears to have done the trick. Car is working normally in FordPass now.
This is what I did after multiple days in a row of fuse pulling.

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
This is what I did after multiple days in a row of fuse pulling.
So the fuze pulling trick was only a temporary fix?

It's only been a few hours so it's too soon to say but I hope this is more persistent.

I loooove my car but Ford's software developers are testing that affection.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
So the fuze pulling trick was only a temporary fix?

It's only been a few hours so it's too soon to say but I hope this is more persistent.

I loooove my car but Ford's software developers are testing that affection.
For me it would stop connecting after a day. This only happened to me after 4.1.2 and I read that you may need to do a full sync reset. I did that, had to reset a bunch of things, PaaK, preset radio, car settings, but no issues since.
Sponsored