Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
I deleted and reloaded FP and logged into my Ford acct. FP standalone seems to know about my car (charge, odo, etc.) so I guess it's communicating. I've never had much use for CarPlay. My music is on a USB drive, and I don't use the phone much on the road. The only reason I see for linking CarPlay is to have access to a full screen view of FP's trip planner with charging recommendations. Does this link into the MME's Nav system to combine charging stops?
PaaK currently looks like more trouble than it's worth.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The FP trip planner can be sent to the car’s Nav system. It’s not related to CarPlay.

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The FP trip planner can be sent to the car’s Nav system. It’s not related to CarPlay.
Thanx. I noted that FP seemed to talk to the MME. I think there's also an FP icon on the MME main screen.
My salesman's sit-in intro was a wasted hour. The dealership has only delivered 3 MMEs and it was his first. All he managed to do was link Carplay which then proceeded to take me home, which explained why telling Nav to cancel route that she said No Route. Just wanted to dump him so I could get home before dark in an unfamiliar car. May try one-pedal today!

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
May try one-pedal today!
Tried One-pedal yesterday. Very intuitive! Has anyone figured out how the brake lights react in One-Pedal? I saw something about an accelerometer that sensed slowdown and applied them. I would hope that they would then stay locked on until you pressed the gas pedal again for coverage if you're stopped at a light. Does anyone know or do I have to rig a mirror to the back so I can see them?
Folk down here also have the nasty habit of hovering in the shadow of your back bumper. I have manually activated strobes on the other car that usually gives them the hint, although it's just made others mad. Activating the brake lights without actually hitting the brakes would seem more effective, especially in this open carry state. Anyone know how to do that in an MME?
TIA
Don

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Car play also allows you to use Google Maps and Waze in the car. You’ll find threads where we’ve already discussed the pros and cons of each navigation system. The most important thing is choices are good.

My salesman didn’t even bother trying to show me the car features. He knew I knew them better than he did.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
A lot of your question are answered by others in this forum. I have found this forum to be very, very educational regarding my MME, and like Mark, I knew more about it than any salesman prior to even seeing mine.

If you spend some time here, I think you will learn a lot about your car. And congratulations! I hope you love your car as much as I love mine.

BTW - I didn't want to use PaaK or 1PD at first, but now I really like both features. PaaK is still a little flaky, but it great not to carry a Fob. And Unbridled with 1PD is the best. Driving an ICE car is so boring now.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Folk down here also have the nasty habit of hovering in the shadow of your back bumper.
If you drive slowly in this car, I will be shocked. You will be at 80 mph before you know it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Spending time reading on the forum will yield a great deal of knowledge.

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
If you drive slowly in this car, I will be shocked. You will be at 80 mph before you know it.
Yesterday I was coming home from work on aback road and got stuck behind a person driving 15 under the speed limit. There are a few passing zones, so I waited for one and just hit it. As soon as I started passing they also hit the gas. It was really nice watching them fade in the rear view mirror.

I know people are bagging on the 5 second of full power but I don’t think I’m ever going to have to worry about consistently hitting thermal throttling when this car is capable of passing and going into corners with this much speed.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tried One-pedal yesterday. Very intuitive! Has anyone figured out how the brake lights react in One-Pedal? I saw something about an accelerometer that sensed slowdown and applied them. I would hope that they would then stay locked on until you pressed the gas pedal again for coverage if you're stopped at a light. Does anyone know or do I have to rig a mirror to the back so I can see them?
Folk down here also have the nasty habit of hovering in the shadow of your back bumper. I have manually activated strobes on the other car that usually gives them the hint, although it's just made others mad. Activating the brake lights without actually hitting the brakes would seem more effective, especially in this open carry state. Anyone know how to do that in an MME?
TIA
Don
When you ease up on the pedal in one pedal drive the brake lights come on.