Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Enjoy your car.

I love that people in this thread telling Ford what a Mustang is and isn’t. You guys should accept you don’t make these brand decisions and tons of people who make a lot of money do, and they aren’t stupid, nor do they do shit on a whim.
Again, I’m going to disagree. Just because they make a lot of money doesn’t make them smart. Those same smart people thought everty refundable $100 deposit was going to convert to a sale of an F-150 Lightning regardless of what they did to the prices.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I respect your objection, and if I had the choice I would have loved the option of a 2dr (I’m crossing my fingers that Ford makes this available in the 2nd gen). But for a variety of reasons, 2 door coupes are very, very rare now. The market for them is minuscule, for better or worse. And given the investment Ford made in its first purpose-built EV, I can forgive them offering it in a form that they knew would appeal to the market. Even if it’s a 4 door, it’s an unusually stylish 4 door.

There are precedents there. I see the Mach-E as being pretty close to the Porsche Panamera in form factor. I’m fine with it being a “Mustang” and I’m totally cool with it being my mid-life crisis car 😁
But, when Porsche decided to build the Panamera, they didn’t call it a 911, did they?

goodguy

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford
Country flag
The only REAL mustangs are 1964.5 to 1972. all others are derivative. so all you Fox and 2000s GT owners need to get over yourselves. By the way. Love the Mustang Mach E and my other car is a 1967 Mustang. if a Fox body is a Mustang then this EV can be a Mustang. Remember, Mustang started out as a sporty grocery getter....

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Bottom line is it IS a Mustang simply because Ford says it is.

Some things to consider:
Ford made a prototype wagon Mustang in 1966, so even in the earliest days of the Mustang brand, Ford was considering other body styles. Today we call it a crossover or SUV, but basically the MME is a wagon. Edit for accuracy: Ford did not build the actual prototype Mustang wagon. That was built by a team that included an executive from Ford's advertising agency. Ford did, however, consider a wagon version and had made a clay model of it.

The Mustang has always had two doors? Well so did the Charger until Dodge made it a four door.
The Maverick used to be an economy car, but today is a pickup truck
The Thunderbird started out as a two door sports car, later became a four door sedan, then later a two door sports car again.

Point is, things change. The Mustang Mach-E is just a new type of Mustang with a new body style and drive train.

Last edited:

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I love my Mustang.

The last Ford I owned was a '68 Mercury Cougar XR-7. I now own two Ford vehicles. Not because I care about brand loyalty, but because Ford makes the two EVs we were looking for: a cross-over BEV SUV (the Mustang) and a BEV pickup truck (the F-150 Lightning). I also wanted to buy union-made. With the Mustang and Lightning, Ford accomplished what they intended: new people like me buying their BEVs.

Call it what you want, but I'll continue to call it what I think it is: a fantastic electric Mustang.

Dear_OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Horse and Wagon
But, when Porsche decided to build the Panamera, they didn’t call it a 911, did they?
Porsche has strong brand recognition. It is/was most profitable car company. It could call whatever new model Porsche FukenShitzl GT3 and people will still throw cash at them.

Ford.... not so much. It was a gamble and there were alot of angry Mustangers. Just Google up some old articles and Mustang forums. In that respect, Ford's ballsy move was quite the brand coup.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tell me more about this FukenShitzl GT3.
it's a stripped down version of the fukenshitzl, bare bones components "limited edition" sticker pack and charge $40 k more for it. ;)

Carlos R

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE GT
66 year old here and first time Ford buyer. Is it a Mustang? All I am going to say is, I love the way it drives and it sure looks good. Love the ponies shining on the ground as you approach it.

Norcolboulder

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Principal Architect
Country flag
As to branding, I think it is interesting that there is not one "Ford" badge to be found. Is Ford thinking of spinning off Mustang as its own division?
I like many removed the Mach e emblems now just a mustang in front , GT in rear and ford behind the windshield

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Porsche has strong brand recognition. It is/was most profitable car company. It could call whatever new model Porsche FukenShitzl GT3 and people will still throw cash at them.

Ford.... not so much. It was a gamble and there were alot of angry Mustangers. Just Google up some old articles and Mustang forums. In that respect, Ford's ballsy move was quite the brand coup.
Hard disagree. Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, Viper, Charger are all just as important to their respective companies as 911 is to Porsche.
The big difference is that Porsche was smart enough to not shit on the heads of their loyal enthusiasts and claim it was raining.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I like many removed the Mach e emblems now just a mustang in front , GT in rear and ford behind the windshield
Mine says GT on the sides too. 🤪🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford's "Mustang" Gamble Has Paid Off IMG_4486
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford's "Mustang" Gamble Has Paid Off IMG_4484
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford's "Mustang" Gamble Has Paid Off IMG_4485