Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
EV adds trolling Musk are just an admission that he's far in front. Moreover, Tesla's sold in the US are built in the US. Ford can't say the same.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I honestly don’t understand posts like this.

You’re defending a man who attacks everyone.

“Hey, don’t make fun of that bully

”

I understand not liking this type of thing in general, just think you’re defending the wrong guy.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I honestly don’t understand posts like this.

You’re defending a man who attacks everyone.

“Hey, don’t make fun of that bully

”

I understand not liking this type of thing in general, just think you’re defending the wrong guy.
You say he attacks everyone. What attack? No really. Only one that comes to mind is calling the diver a pedo guy. But other than that, what vicious attacks has he done? How is he a bully?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
EV adds trolling Musk are just an admission that he's far in front. Moreover, Tesla's sold in the US are built in the US. Ford can't say the same.
Ford can only say they sell way more vehicles made in the united states than tesla and also build way more also. Maybe that doesn't fit your narrative though.

If you think Elon didn't throw shades to start back in the day your crazy. Everyone gives him props for helping move the EV movement. But again he didn't do it alone, plenty of help. As far as the EV leader. The gap keeps getting smaller and smaller each year. I seem to think the lighting is coming to the market before the cyber truck if I'm correct.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Yeah, did you read that link? That's what's counted as bullying now? My God, people are weak.

Some of the stuff he tweets are juvenile, but most reasonable people would not count that as bullying.

Quotes from the articles you listed:
"The coronavirus pandemic is dumb."

Nineteen-year-old Jack Sweeney got Musk's attention when he created an automated Twitter account that tracked the movements of Musk's jet. Musk responded by offering Sweeney $5,000 to pull the account. When Sweeney refused, Musk blocked him on Twitter.

and a few more lines about wanting to take tesla private.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Ford can only say they sell way more vehicles made in the united states than tesla and also build way more also. Maybe that doesn't fit your narrative though.

If you think Elon didn't throw shades to start back in the day your crazy. Everyone gives him props for helping move the EV movement. But again he didn't do it alone, plenty of help. As far as the EV leader. The gap keeps getting smaller and smaller each year. I seem to think the lighting is coming to the market before the cyber truck if I'm correct.
difference between coming to the market and making in sufficient quantity to matter. I hope ford succeed, we need more competition, but all these manufactures are finding that its easy to produce electric cars in mass quantities. Only so much raw material to go around.

I just want Ford to put their heads down and get to work fixing all the bugs and "features" (I'm looking at you: unbridle extend mode where Ford just nuetered the GT because its cooling system is inadequate."

If you look at the replies, I don't think Ford was expecting this type of pushback from the ads. And the funny thing is that its mostly coming from Ford fans and owners. That should tell Ford something.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
difference between coming to the market and making in sufficient quantity to matter. I hope ford succeed, we need more competition, but all these manufactures are finding that its easy to produce electric cars in mass quantities. Only so much raw material to go around.

I just want Ford to put their heads down and get to work fixing all the bugs and "features" (I'm looking at you: unbridle extend mode where Ford just nuetered the GT because its cooling system is inadequate."

If you look at the replies, I don't think Ford was expecting this type of pushback from the ads. And the funny thing is that its mostly coming from Ford fans and owners. That should tell Ford something.

pretty sure for each negative comment there are plenty of positive ones.
Same as anything else that has a fan base.

Coming to the market with any product starts slow and ramps up, for tesla or anyone. As far as raw materials to go around. Been like that since the beginning of time. It is what is and it will always be that.

As far as coming to the market with sufficient quantity to matter. I think ford did very well in the first year of sales compared to tesla's first year.

The better comment would be "I wish everyone would put their head down and fix bugs within what they produce".

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I remember Elon's reaction on Mach-E announcement, saying something like "who wants a car assembled in Mexico, you want an American made car." Soon after that he moved production to China 😅

Reactions: EVS

Spike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Actually deliver your EV's and don't have people waiting 6+ months without production dates, then make jokes.
Uhhh, Telsa is notorious for delays. People put down deposits on the Cyber Truck, what 3 years ago? People have been paying for full self driving for what 5+ years, it is always a "year away." But people paid for it, and haven't gotten it.

Spike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I remember Elon's reaction on Mach-E announcement, saying something like "who wants a car assembled in Mexico, you want an American made car." Soon after that he moved production to China 😅
to be fair, they opened an additional factory in China, the cars for the US market are still made in the US. There is also a European factory to build cars for that market.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
to be fair, they opened an additional factory in China, the cars for the US market are still made in the US. There is also a European factory to build cars for that market.
That's a non-answer, Ford also makes cars in US and other countries. Tesla on the other hand not only moved most of the production to China, their whole survival is predicated on China being nice to them. Elon is owned by China, which makes his Twitter purchase even funnier.
So when Musk decried Mexico he knew they were betting the future of the company on China. I guess you can explain that by him being bipolar (according to his admission), but every normal person sees that as stupid and hypocritical.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
Yes, they are but you will never see them in any ads. The Tesla tents have poor working conditions.
Tesla is all about loud-mouthed Elon Musk, who takes credit from A-Z and exploits his workers as an 18th century industrialist. Please do some backgroudn research. He also of course takes tens of billions of dollars in stock grants whil underpaying his workers.

And that is the point of the ad. But I suppose many people don't know because loud-mouthed Musk can twist the truths quite easily.
I was just expressing how I felt; my emotional response to a Madison Ave ad 5 seconds after viewing it. I did not think I needed to research something before sharing my *feelings* to the ad. I thought it was pointless and stupid. I did not think we were debating Elon either. I don't disagree with your points about him but there is surely another thread about that somewhere. If you're going to go after Elon in an ad (which clearly they started with the rocket launch) then really go for it. Take more of a stab at his stupid antics and go after the uninspiring designs and quality and fit issues of the cars. The ad came out swinging hard and then went into something else. Yes, Ford assembles more ICE in the US but not BEVs. Why the MME is built in Mexico is beyond me but that's another thread.

I'm all for railing on the good and bad of Elon and there is a lot of bad. However, in my opinion, there would be no MME and Lightening in its current forms here today and affordable if Tesla did not pave the way. We also have A LOT to learn / copy from Tesla about the fast charging network.
Sponsored