joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Okay, so this is pure vanity since Ford swears the side mirrors aerodynamically shield the front door handles, but...

Has anyone investigated removing them (the door handles) yet? I suspect the only reason they're there, and you don't open the front door like the rear is safety/lawsuit related. I can see where if you try to open the front door while someone is opening the rear, there's a chance you could get pinched

But, the handles kind of bug me. Just a tiny bit, but if they can be removed cleanly why not?

I don't have my car yet so I can't dig into it but curious as to other people's opinions and any effort that's been put into it yet
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are two bolts and the handle comes off. Thing is once off, it will probably look like something is missing along that upper door trim. I don't have my car yet either but I am with you and don't like the looks of that little handle.

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
Anybody got a close up pic of the handle?

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
Okay, so this is pure vanity since Ford swears the side mirrors aerodynamically shield the front door handles, but...

Has anyone investigated removing them (the door handles) yet? I suspect the only reason they're there, and you don't open the front door like the rear is safety/lawsuit related. I can see where if you try to open the front door while someone is opening the rear, there's a chance you could get pinched

But, the handles kind of bug me. Just a tiny bit, but if they can be removed cleanly why not?

I don't have my car yet so I can't dig into it but curious as to other people's opinions and any effort that's been put into it yet
I have wondered this same thing - why did they put the wings on the front door? I actually like the way the buttons and doors operate, and I don't see why they couldn't make the front doors work like the back, where there is simply the same type of grip area inside the door to grab and open. Obviously, not really a big deal, but the "winglets" don't seem to be very necessary.

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I have wondered this same thing - why did they put the wings on the front door? I actually like the way the buttons and doors operate, and I don't see why they couldn't make the front doors work like the back, where there is simply the same type of grip area inside the door to grab and open. Obviously, not really a big deal, but the "winglets" don't seem to be very necessary.
The wings are there to simplify entering the car. Opening the rear doors, without a wing, requires pressing the button then grabbing the door to pull it open. Two distinct movements. Opening the front door can be accomplished in one movement by extending your index finger to press the button while hooking your middle & ring fingers in the wing and pulling the door open.

Mosworthy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag

I'll be AOSK's first customer on their kit!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ittle-update-on-front-door-delete-6-23.17052/

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

I'm with you. I'd like front doors without handles.

RobGibb

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD 2021 prem
Country flag
I find snow.. (That freezes up)...ends on the front door handle and covers the opening button.
Sponsored