Frunk button

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't have a Job 1 but I was curious as to whether this would also update Ford's back-end servers in order to allow the FordPass app to have a Frunk button (knowing how finicky the FP app is). Has anyone tried it? šŸ¤”šŸ©
I havenā€™t tried it, but I did add the button with FORScan, which also updated the as-built data for my car on Fordā€™s servers. Still no button in FordPass. I guess Iā€™ll try this too.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I havenā€™t tried it, but I did add the button with FORScan, which also updated the as-built data for my car on Fordā€™s servers. Still no button in FordPass. I guess Iā€™ll try this too.
Sounds like it's hard-coded into the stupid FP app or its verification servers if it already updated the as-builts on Ford's servers. Makes the problem sound a lot like my email address problem that took them an inordinate amount of time to fix. Can't Ford's FP team do a simple compare routine? Sheesh! šŸ˜±šŸ©

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I've been away from the forums, FDRS, etc for a while. I just went in to FDRS and spotted a Multi-Module that I haven't seen discussed.

1667045692380.png
Thatā€™s all very well and good, but when will ford actually ENABLE all of this? Not all of us are super-hackers who are going to invest thousands of dollars in equipment and subscriptions as well as many hours of time to (likely in my case) brick our cars doing something Ford should have done over a year ago! šŸ˜” Itā€™s not like I have extra GTPEs as daily drivers and this is a ā€œhobby carā€. This is my only means of transportation. Argh!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Sounds like it's hard-coded into the stupid FP app or its verification servers if it already updated the as-builts on Ford's servers. Makes the problem sound a lot like my email address problem that took them an inordinate amount of time to fix. Can't Ford's FP team do a simple compare routine? Sheesh! šŸ˜±šŸ©
I just ran this routine. I can't really tell if it did anything since I already have the funk button enabled, but let's hope it reported something new back to Ford to enable the button in FordPass.

The popups that you have to click through seem to really want you to know what this routine does:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk button 1667054579126

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk button 1667054592646

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Not all of us are super-hackers who are going to invest thousands of dollars in equipment and subscriptions as well as many hours of time to (likely in my case) brick our cars doing something Ford should have done over a year ago!
Well in defense of FDRS, itā€™s not hacking, itā€™s their diagnostic and repair system. Anyone capable of critical reading and following instructions can successfully use the system without fear of having a 4-wheeled brick. It can be expensive to no put together though and potentially time consuming.

But yeah, fall is half over.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
We are half way through meteorological fall and a this of the way through astronomical fall. Updates are coming faster than they ever have. Just šŸ¤¬ push the šŸ¤¬ frunk update.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Consider: Ford has thought it more important to get games out than to resolve that issue. Ford has thought it more important to get NBC Now out than to fix that issue. Ford has thought it more important to get YouTube out than to fix that issue. Ford has thought it more important to get Alexa out than to fix that issue.
Are you seeing a pattern here yet?
Either the issue is REALLY hard to fix (like frunk release hard) or itā€™s ā€œdonā€™t careā€ on the list of things to fix (itā€™s been given the ā€œfunk releaseā€ priority).
The pattern's that if there are affiliate $ involved, it gets done. You need Exxon to sponsor your frunk! I'm sure they could use the green-washing...

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
E-Heat button on the main screen!

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Cā€™mon, frunk button. And in FP, since I imagine thatā€™s how Iā€™ll want to open it roughly half the time.
Half sounds about right. In over a year, I have opened my frunk two times, and one of those two times I used FP.

I have yet to put anything into the frunk.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Half sounds about right. In over a year, I have opened my frunk two times, and one of those two times I used FP.

I have yet to put anything into the frunk.
I donā€™t use it much, but thatā€™s only because I have to go pull the lever to open it. If I had access in the app I would be much more likely to use it.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I donā€™t use it much, but thatā€™s only because I have to go pull the lever to open it. If I had access in the app I would be much more likely to use it.
Grocery shopping. If I stop at more than one store, the first storeā€™s groceries go in the Frunk. Otherwise the Frunk gets used if itā€™s closest to me when I walk up to the car. And itā€™d be far more convenient if I didnā€™t have to double pull the lever.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Cā€™mon, frunk button. And in FP, since I imagine thatā€™s how Iā€™ll want to open it roughly half the time.
Once you have the electronic frunk release, get the F150 key fob. It will let you open the frunk and that will be much easier than using FP which is slow to open, slow to react, and very often fails, especially if the car isn't already wide-awake...

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Once you have the electronic frunk release, get the F150 key fob. It will let you open the frunk and that will be much easier than using FP which is slow to open, slow to react, and very often fails, especially if the car isn't already wide-awake...
That would mean I would have to carry a fob. I havenā€™t used that in over a year.
Sponsored