Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How the heck did they not use the word "Frunk" on the App? Did Tesla patent that? Also since I'm not a techie; how do you know what version of the App your running? My App not showing this.

Of note, I will be scared SH***less to update the app since my PAAK works perfectly since software update. But it was an absolute chore (3 different) sessions (attempts, at least an hour each) to get the car to accept the PAAK.
On your phone app, hit the Account button on the bottom of the home screen, version should appear at the bottom of the page.
Sponsored

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
On your phone app, hit the Account button on the bottom of the home screen, version should appear at the bottom of the page.
No luck; just my name and ID # up top; 7 tiles and at the bottom it says "Log Out". No version #. Crazy how Ford's IT stuff seems so "iffy" compared to Tesla. But alas, I don't have to drive a Tadpole looking car :)

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No luck; just my name and ID # up top; 7 tiles and at the bottom it says "Log Out". No version #. Crazy how Ford's IT stuff seems so "iffy" compared to Tesla. But alas, I don't have to drive a Tadpole looking car :)
It’s actually in the settings tile. So go to account, then click settings and then scroll to the bottom.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Does anyone else's app Home section not update? The "Home" section's charge level and Est. distance does not update. However the "Vehicle" Screen does. I have to close the app and reopen for the "Home" screen to update. Weird???

Another weird occurrence just started this last week or so. My heated seat (driver's only) and heated steering wheel turn on automatically when I start the car (sometimes, usually 1st start in the morning). Is that happening to anyone else? And Dang, it's should be a good winter, those are pretty damn hot. But not welcomed in August in Atlanta!!!

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Ford absolutely missed on this one. It needs to be a weatherproof button at the front of the car that will activate only when the fob (or phone) is present. Leaving a cart full of groceries unattended while you open the door to pull a release is ....so 1977.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What version is your FordPass app?
Mine is 3.28.0 and I have not had any PAAK updates performed by the dealer.
paak update only applies to cars built thru 4/20/21

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We have none of those little buttons.
Did you install paak? They only show up after it is installed.

I have the paak update and 3.28 no front trunk icon here yet.

Here we go again the 2021 screen buttons will not be enough and people will need to rewire their vehicle to put a physical dinosaur button in. ?‍♂

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
How can opening the frunk actually be an issue? Mind boggling oversight. :rolleyes:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How can opening the frunk actually be an issue? Mind boggling oversight. :rolleyes:
If it opens while driving down the freeway I could see it maybe a bit of a concern pressed against your windshield. There was an inside release and an outside release (double) on most vehicles for a reason. I have noted you can not pull the double inside release of the MME when the door is closed. Someone could open the door while driving and pull it twice to see what happens? Not volunteering here.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ford absolutely missed on this one. It needs to be a weatherproof button at the front of the car that will activate only when the fob (or phone) is present. Leaving a cart full of groceries unattended while you open the door to pull a release is ....so 1977.
Yeah, there needs to be a button or a kick to release sensor.

In 1977 I would have just reached in my pocket for a key, inserted it, and turned. No leaving the groceries unattended.

Since there is no release button on the key, I am guessing that my groceries will end up going into the car through the lift gate. Probably in 2029.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Does anyone else's app Home section not update? The "Home" section's charge level and Est. distance does not update. However the "Vehicle" Screen does. I have to close the app and reopen for the "Home" screen to update. Weird???

Another weird occurrence just started this last week or so. My heated seat (driver's only) and heated steering wheel turn on automatically when I start the car (sometimes, usually 1st start in the morning). Is that happening to anyone else? And Dang, it's should be a good winter, those are pretty damn hot. But not welcomed in August in Atlanta!!!
Heated seats: The heated seats indicator (or selector if you prefer) in the A/C window used to highlight regularly for me whenever I started the car and the A/C was in auto. The heat never actually came on though. I just looked it as the seats were “armed.” I just selected them to “off” anyway. And yes, the seat heat does work on mine. At any rate, that stopped happening awhile back, although I couldn’t tell you just when.

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Took my Select AWD in for the PAAK update and after it was done, noticed a Front Trunk button in the app next to my Trunk Release button. Tried it out. …so close. Lol

F317264C-CDCE-4855-8FB9-F1DC7A51758F.jpeg
Do you also have the Frunk release button on the Sync display in the car?

My guess is your dealership did more than the PaaK update, and updated some other things which triggered your car to register on the back-end systems as supporting this feature.

We already knew that FordPass app has options which are only displayed via server-side switches (SecuriAlert for example, and folks in early access who got "intelligent charging" enabled).

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Did you install paak? They only show up after it is installed.

I have the paak update and 3.28 no front trunk icon here yet.

Here we go again the 2021 screen buttons will not be enough and people will need to rewire their vehicle to put a physical dinosaur button in. ?‍♂
In the UK we don't have PAAK.
Sponsored