Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
If it will get stuck, what's the point in replacing the actuator?
The old one is worn out so it gets stuck. Essentially the gears jam. The new one shouldn't have wear so won't get stuck, at least not for a while.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If we only pull it manually to open can it still get stuck? Kind of getting to the point that the frunk is out of bounds when traveling which is not ideal.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I got my car back and took my number for the replacement part, at least this time they ordered the right one.

I don't think that they disconnected the motor, so need to be careful not to accidentally touch the frunk button.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Read my topic about it: How to Fix a Stuck Frunk/Hood

Haven't replaced the part quite yet, just using manual release for now. Motor is unplugged. Waiting for warmer weather.
@Mach-Lee - did you get your frunk fixed? My car is in the dealership for the part replacement.

Not sure if I will be using the frunk as often as I did before even after the fix :(

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@Mach-Lee - did you get your frunk fixed? My car is in the dealership for the part replacement.

Not sure if I will be using the frunk as often as I did before even after the fix :(
Have to agree.

Has anyone had this happen using the manual two pull to date? Think I heard a solenoid or something when manually opening it since the update on the app for remote operation. I keep my washer fluid in there and need to access it. Have stuck to manual but not sure if that helps?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Have to agree.

Has anyone had this happen using the manual two pull to date? Think I heard a solenoid or something when manually opening it since the update on the app for remote operation. I keep my washer fluid in there and need to access it. Have stuck to manual but not sure if that helps?
@Mach-Lee posted that he disconnected the actuator and manual release works after a mechanical reset. Using the actuator jams up the works again until it’s replaced. 😕🐩

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
Have to agree.

I had this happen last year on my Select. I cannot remember how I was trying to open the hood, either, whether it was manual or from the app, but I doubt that actually matters. My hood was stuck between the 1st and 2nd latches, and that had to be the dumbest reason I've ever seen for a car to be disabled.

Fortunately, I live literally two blocks from my Ford dealer and was able to limp over there, alerts blaring the full way. They had to cut the latch off (carefully!) with a Sawzall and they replaced both sides of the latch.

My theory: Ford miscalculated when engineering the latch, and they did not consider that some owners might open/close the frunk WAY more often than the typical driver opens the hood of an ICE vehicle, and they should have accounted for those additional uses.

The repair was performed under warranty, of course, but it sidelined my car for weeks.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Is there a fuse for that? Or are you plugging panels and breaking out the tools?
I believe that @Mach-Lee removed the frunk panels and frunk tub in order to disconnect it since there are other systems on that fuse. 😊🐩

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OK I am all over that ;)
It’s not that hard. I have had my frunk tub out a half dozen or more times. It’s probably worse for you right now since it’s cold as heck. You could wait until it warms up. Just don’t hit the button in the FP app or on the center screen until you get the actuator replaced. 😊🐩
Sponsored