Alejandro M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi guys, following a video on YouTube I managed to hardwire a dash cam (Viofo A139 Pro) to the fuse box under the glove box. The ACC cable was connected using a fuse adapter to fuse 3, and in the manual it says this is an “extended power module”. I tried to find information on the web about this but I had no success so far, there’s no mention of this even in the manual. Does someone know what this “extended power module” is and how bad it would be if that fuse doesn’t work anymore?
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It's a battery that provides backup power to the airbags in case of total 12V power loss. However only North American cars have it, yours doesn't because you're in Europe. So do you even have a fuse #3?

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Ford specify where power should be taken to power electrical equipment extra to that fitted as standard and it certainly is NOT where these people who make posts on the internet who are neither sufficiently qualified or experienced to provide such “advice” show.

Follow their lead at your peril.

There is a document posted somewhere on these forums aimed at emergency responder services who add extra electrical equipment to our MMEs and it specifies bus bars near to the battery and even how to make such connections there.

Golden rule:

ALWAYS FOLLOW CAR MANUFACTURERS’ SPECIFICATIONS!

OP
OP

aaragon

First Name
Alejandro M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It's a battery that provides backup power to the airbags in case of total 12V power loss. However only North American cars have it, yours doesn't because you're in Europe. So do you even have a fuse #3?
I have fuse 3, the panel is the same as the one in this photo:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fuse 3 extended power module Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 12.03.55

Jamers99

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Hooked my dashcam up to fuse #3 (accessory) and fuse #13 (battery) however it turns out that fuse 13 only provides power for just a few minutes after the car is turned off. Which fuse can I use for "always-on" power so I can utilized my parking mode?

OP
OP

aaragon

First Name
Alejandro M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I believe I ended up using those two. I followed this video:

I don’t think power is disconnected after a while, although I did not check carefully. My dash cam has this system that stops draining the battery when voltage is below a threshold, so I would expect it to work till then.
Sponsored